Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2010, 08:06 PM

What were you going to call you dog/s?

Esme and I were just discussing this on FB.

Most people, girls in particular, excitedly plan the names they want to call their children. I did this for my first ever dog, for many years.

Woody was always going to be called Lewis, but then Lewis Hamilton came on the scene (bleugh) and we decided it wasn't right.

So, what was your dog's name before you chose the one you settled on?
Kalasin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-06-2010, 08:09 PM
We had a few names on a list before we settled on Kiba. If Kiba had been a grey we'd have called him Akhela. Then we had Shimo, Kiba and Fenirir

Our next pup is going to be called Kami...at the moment! Better be because I've already had a tag made for her -embarrassed face-
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2010, 08:11 PM
Tilly was Tilly before I even met her. She really needs a more butch name as she's such a little scruff but I'd set my mind to Tilly by the time I saw her!
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2010, 08:15 PM
Karma was going to be Charm from the second she popped into the world, Then i changed it to Faith, but it soon went back to Charm..I settled on Karma when she was about 8weeks old and its stuck, and suited her!

Zani is a rescue, so i never got to plan what i would call her..I just wanted her name changed and Zani suited her to.

and thats it for me Mum choose all of hers, although i got a little say in there KC names, as i show some
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2010, 08:21 PM
Monty was going to be Louie and i'd already decided on this name before we'd even chose him but then my sister named her little boy Louie and it just didn't seem right having the dog and my nephew under the same name so we went back to the drawing board and came up with Monty.
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2010, 08:28 PM
Originally Posted by tillytheterrier View Post
Tilly was Tilly before I even met her. She really needs a more butch name as she's such a little scruff but I'd set my mind to Tilly by the time I saw her!
My first dog was always going to be called Tilly too- because my mum called me Tillymint when I was norty!! (after a book character)
After I persuaded hubby that we were not going to call her "Stae" that is
Labman
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-06-2010, 08:28 PM
Mostly I have chosen a name and stuck with it. Zeke would have had a different name except for a certain basketball player. Since Sampson came to live with us, I may name our next female Delilah.
CuteRotts
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-06-2010, 08:31 PM
Charlie was always Charlie because she had huge ears as a pup!

Dennis (the menace) started out as Dylan but just wasn't chilled out enough for that name
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2010, 08:32 PM
Fudge arrived with us one day from the rescue ,we had only gone to look before taking the kids the following weekend. I found myself with a puppy and three kids all trying to choose a name at once.......she was named very quickly by me after her mum who was still waiting to be rehomed at the rescue.Strange as I had a gerbil called Fudge when I was younger.....I think if I did it all again I would maybe go for Dominoe...
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2010, 08:43 PM
I was DEAD SET that my boy was going to be called either Barney or Toby. He is now called Alfie
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »