Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2008, 06:35 PM

What a complete and utter MONEY GRABBING IDIOT

i am SO annoyed.

my partner has just told me about this guy he works with, his Ex wife still has the German shepherd they bought together, she phoned and said to him 'i have a bit of a money making idea'

Yeah real shocker! he said 'do what you want as long as i dont have to fork out any money for it'

bascially the GSD is 3 years old, no health tests & Heres the best bit.........they reckon they can get 14 to 15 puppys out of it for £250, per pup, making them £3750.... they know nothing about it AT ALL. cos they happen to know someone whos 'getting rid' of a GSD so there going use it as the stud before its gone - for free.

neither dog is kc no health tests etc. i jsut pray it doesnt need a C-section or the pups have any problems.

they dont have a clue about worming pups etc feeding and im DAM SURE there end up money out of pockter E.G whelping etc, unless they do it on the real cheap whihc means not properly.

im pretty sure the '£3750' 'proit' will soon dwindle to NOTHING if it IS done proplerly.

my boyf thinks there both idiots, i am SO Angry, runining my favourtie breed for 'profit'
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2008, 06:40 PM
Thats what I call a very typical example pf BYB , and complete utter ignorant morons
I feel sorry for the poor bitch, With idiots like that caring for her and her baies god help her and her un born babies , I pray to god if she aint pregnant already that she fails to become pregnant xxdk
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2008, 06:51 PM
Maybe your OH could take a copy of this to work

So You Want to Breed

By Jill Terry

The first question you should be asking yourself is, "WHY do I
want to breed?"

There is much more to having a litter of puppies than just putting two dogs together. Everybody knows there are breeders and then there are breeders! A responsible breeder will ensure that they raise healthy, well-adjusted puppies which will eventually go to good loving homes. But if you have never bred before - where do you start?

Many people contact a breeder and ask for help in looking for a stud dog for their pet bitch. I expect many receive quite a blunt reply — "don't!" Although this is not a very helpful reply, it is understandable when you realise these knowledgeable and experienced breeders are tired of rescuing the dogs and hearing about the problem and unhealthy dogs bred by people who breed for what they consider the "wrong" reasons.

"For the money"

Breeding responsibly is expensive. First you have the cost of the health tests to ensure the bitch is fit and healthy and not prone to hereditary diseases known in that breed. Then you have the stud fee, the vet's bills, the extra food for mum and the food for the pups, the worming, the time off work (if you work) to care for the mum and pups, Kennel Club registrations, all the extra washing of bedding. Then of course there's the equipment - the whelping box, special heating if it's cold, play pens, etc. And that's only if everything goes smoothly. If there are problems at whelping you are then likely to incur extremely large vet bills. Have you looked into the cost of a caesarean? Have you thought what would happen if you lost the mum and had to hand rear the puppies? Or you might go to all these expenses and lose all the puppies. Then there is the cost of advertising the puppies when they are ready to leave. Some breeds are vaccinated BEFORE they leave home which is yet more money. All pups should be health checked by the vet, some breeds require eye and heart checks in particular. And remember these days, if you sell an unhealthy puppy you can get sued by the new owner.

"Our child wants to see the joys of birth"

Seeing the miracle of birth isn't always all it's cracked up to be. It's messy, bloody and usually happens in the middle of the night. There could be complications meaning several trips to the vets, a possible caesarean, quite often there are dead puppies and at times even the bitch can die. There are videos and books available to show children what birth is like without the responsibility and expense of raising puppies.

"I want another dog just like Suzy"

There's no guarantee that there will be "another Suzy" in the litter and your puppies have a 50/50 chance of all taking after the sire! Suzy is unique and there will never be another dog exactly the same but you do have more chance of getting a dog similar to Suzy by returning to the breeder to see if she will be doing a repeat mating between Suzy's sire and dam. It will also be a lot cheaper and far less hassle to buy one!

"All our friends want one"

You'll be amazed at how these friends evaporate when the puppies are born. Just wait until your litter of ten or more puppies is ready to go to their homes and watch all those people back out with excuses such as "The kids aren't old enough"; "The kids are too old now to be bothered with caring for a dog"; "We are going to have a baby"; "The rug is too new"; "The house is too small"; "We'll be moving in 3 months"; "Grandma doesn't like dogs"; "Our old dog hasn't died yet"; "It might not get along with the cat" — and the list goes on!

"Suzy will be so much better if she has just one litter"

This is an old wives tale. A bitch's health is not improved by having puppies and it could even have the opposite effect, putting her at risk of mammary cancer or pyometra and of course a complicated whelping process. Neither will it settle a hyper-active bitch down.

Other considerations are:

Are you squeamish? As mentioned whelping can be very messy with a lot of blood. Could you cope with life-threatening problems that can't wait for a vet? Could you help with a breach birth? Or revive a puppy by a "swinging" method? Do you panic easily? What would you do if the mum refuses to clean or even feed the puppies? Have you got enough space — where will the bitch have the puppies and where will they be when they are 5+ weeks old, running around creating havoc? Do you realise just how much mess puppies of that age make?! Larger breeds will quite often have 10 or more puppies - what would you do if you can't sell them? Or if the new owner comes back 6 months later saying "I don't want him any more, you'll have to take him back"?

While having a litter of puppies can bring some wonderful times, such as watching a litter of healthy, fat pups suckling from their healthy mum, or the marvellous sweet aroma of puppy breath, these are very small consolations to all the hard work and heartbreak that goes into the breeding of most puppy litters. Before breeding you must also remember that thousands of dogs end up in a rescue kennel, and many are euthanased because there are simply not enough homes for all of them.

So, after considering all the above you feel that your reasons for breeding are good enough, and that you have the time and money to do it, where do you start? Your next question should be "is my bitch really good enough?". To find out, read our article "The Brood Bitch".
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2008, 06:57 PM
thanks i wish he could but its his EX wife he only sees her when the child is brought to his house by a 3rd party! so no way it could get to her, but his a bit fo a prat to, so i doubt itll make any difference.

luckly the other guy he works with, with the GSD cross golden retriver decided not to BREED from it!!! and had it spayed! thank god his girlf is a vets receptoinists!! and has more than half a brain!
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2008, 06:57 PM
how awful. lets hope they see sense. fingers crossed hey.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2008, 07:34 PM
So who gets the £3,plus thousand quid.......it will cost to look after the bitch whilst she is pregnant, and then when the babies are born. Seems to me that those type of people need to take a good look at themselfves and why they are in a bloody mess in the first place. Could it be that the lights are on but no-one in. Moron means stupid person. Quote the word, Morass at them......it means an area of muddy or boggy ground, or a complicated or confused situation......all of which I think she will find herself in.
MaryS
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-04-2008, 10:01 PM
They will be lucky to sell the pups at present. Many established GSD breeders are having difficulties and are resorting to papers to advertise...people dropping off their w/lists etc.
Mary
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2008, 11:33 AM
is this woman on any sort of benefits?? id make a call to the dss if i was you.
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2008, 11:36 AM
No word's are escaping me at present im gob smacked, don't often happen.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2008, 11:36 AM
THESE ARE THE TYPES OF PEOPLE THAT MAKE ME SICK TO THE STOMACH!!!!!! Morons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course it will be the dog that suffers through all of this, and will she pay the vet's fees when she needs them????????? Does she also realise HOW MUCH IT COULD END UP COSTING THEM?????????I doubt that too. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR Makes me sick to the stomach.