Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2008, 12:34 PM

chaos in london - free petrol

Just heard on the news that as part of a gimmick, a computer game manufacturer, took over a petrol station in London and was giving away £20,000 worth of petrol. First come, first served basis. You could fill your car up to £40 each.

Duh suprisingly there was mahem on this little residential street, Drivers qued causing so many problems that it had to be stopped.

They only gave away half, and then the police had to put a stop to it.

May just drop them a line and let them know i would be quite happy to take the left overs
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2008, 12:38 PM
Give it a go Shiba!
I have just seen this on the news too.
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2008, 01:41 PM
many years ago. about 30 i think, there was a service station near us, and it had a machine where u could put 5 quids worth of juice in and all u did was put the fiver in first (obiously LOL) well one night the machine went wrong. it was giving away free fuel. there was the Q mainly taxi drivers. and police officers (in uniform) in their own cars, filling up. my BF of the time had a rover 2000 so we filled up the tank and the emergency tank.
eventully the police after they had filled up their cars, came back and put a stop to it,
but i bet the ones in london there was a near riot. thers no give and take now just all take.
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2008, 06:18 AM
lol wow wish it was round here brilliant marketing idea though