Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2007, 10:49 AM

SOUTH WALES SHOW - Newbury

Good Luck to everyone going to the show.
Let us know how you get on. It would also be very useful to be given the conditions on foot feedback. Mud, mud and more mud I suspect and what parking arrangements are set up.
Bluesandtwos
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-07-2007, 10:38 AM
Is anyone from down south doing the south wales show at newbury?
Need to get a husky scooter (not very big) from here to Banbury (oxford). Can get it to the show from here, but need to get it from there to nr J11 of M40

Beer tokens for your help!
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2007, 11:14 AM
Some years ago I was on my way to the South Wales show when I had a serious accident on the M4 writing off my car and caravan, at Newbury!
Take care in the bad conditions everybody going there, don't let's have history repeating itself. AND take even more care on the way home.
Good luck!
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2007, 12:16 PM
Originally Posted by Bluesandtwos View Post
Is anyone from down south doing the south wales show at newbury?
Need to get a husky scooter (not very big) from here to Banbury (oxford). Can get it to the show from here, but need to get it from there to nr J11 of M40

Beer tokens for your help!
When you say not very big. Would it fit in an astra estrate or are we looking at a van? Just that I come up past J11. Don't know if this is of any help to you.
Bluesandtwos
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-07-2007, 01:00 PM
would fit in an estate no problem (I brought it home originally on the back seat of my little hyundi). are you able to collect from s.Wales show?
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2007, 01:32 PM
would fit in an estate no problem (I brought it home originally on the back seat of my little hyundi). are you able to collect from s.Wales show?
I'm assuming you are going Working/Pastoral day. I fully intend to be there unless the showground is so bad to get the dogs in. I'll PM you.
Bluesandtwos
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-07-2007, 01:43 PM
we are not there (Im at work), but our freinds are showing their Huskies on working day and will take the scooter down for us. I will PM you some details and sort out contact details for them on the day. will also send you a fiver to get yourself a couple of drinks as this will save me a lot of hassle
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2007, 01:50 PM
we are not there (Im at work), but our freinds are showing their Huskies on working day and will take the scooter down for us. I will PM you some details and sort out contact details for them on the day. will also send you a fiver to get yourself a couple of drinks as this will save me a lot of hassle
Have PM'd you
Bluesandtwos
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-07-2007, 09:00 PM
just to say thankyou for the offer, but now sorted!. ladies nearby freind is at the show and agreed to pick up and drop off for me.
thankyou
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2007, 02:23 PM
RIO kindly posted this today. Have copied onto this thread, if anyone is going Friday and Saturday, please update us.
Remember on Sunday the Grand Prix is 1pm to 3pm to give you an idea of traffic particularly on the M40.

"Just got back from South Wales Champ Show and for those of you that are going down give yourselves plenty of time as there is F1 qualifiying at Silverstone Thurs-sat and then on the sunday is race day so expect lots of traffic
The actual show ground was pretty dry considering the amount of rain that eveywhere has had the car park was not to far from the rings and the rings themselves were a little uneven but dry and they kept you informed of any changes over the loud speaker. Considering the short notice for change of venue they have done a pretty good job and there are most of the trade stands there aswell.
Taz got a 2nd in Limit and he moved like a dream and he is totally out of coat so i'm pleased with the result .
Good luck to all of you who are showing and hope the weather stays reasonable for you"
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >