Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2007, 12:45 PM

Limit Shows

Hiya, I know that you can qualify for Crufts at Open shows if you get Best in Show, Reserve Best in Show or Best Puppy in Show at a General or Group. Does this also apply to Limit Shows?

I've entered Marius for a local limit show and as I was filling the form out the curious side of me wondered! NOT that I am for one moment thinking we will get that far, we'll be lucky to get placed the way he clowns about lol
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2007, 12:57 PM
As far as I understand, no they don't as the entries are restricted, ie no cc winners may enter. Also an entry for a limit is small in comparison with little if no breed classes, only AV so no qualifier I'm afraid.
Good luck at your show.
x_rose_x
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-09-2007, 01:24 PM
Originally Posted by Anne-Marie View Post
Hiya, I know that you can qualify for Crufts at Open shows if you get Best in Show, Reserve Best in Show or Best Puppy in Show at a General or Group. Does this also apply to Limit Shows?

I've entered Marius for a local limit show and as I was filling the form out the curious side of me wondered! NOT that I am for one moment thinking we will get that far, we'll be lucky to get placed the way he clowns about lol

You may have already seen this, but here's a link to the Crufts 2008 Qualification for Entry of Dogs:
http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/item/1184
Doesn't say anything about limit shows, only champ and open, so I think the other Megan(above) is right

Good luck at the show

Sorry off topic lol... How many shows has Marius been in now?, Kodi's first one is in October. Theres 2/3 in October, but I have lost the entry forms will need to look for them. Then he's got his first champ show in November which might be only his 2nd show if I can't find those entry forms...p.s. you need to post some new pics of Marius
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2007, 02:07 PM
No you can't qualify for Crufts from a limited show as it is not open to all dogs. CC winners can't enter & it is also limited in some other way. Some are restricted by distance or area, others by everyone having to be a member. Nowerdays these shows tend to be quite small & the days are gone when you had 5 or 6 classes for a breed at a show, now you are lucky to find one class per breed.
Mind this is sometimes an advantage to some owners as at a limited show you can enter a variety class without entering a breed class even if one is available, so people with 2 or 3 dogs of one breed can spread them through the classes & only enter one of them in the actual breed class.
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

21-09-2007, 02:21 PM
HI AM Your question has already been answered but good luck to Marius at the limit show.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2007, 10:46 AM
Ohhh thanks everyone for your replies I like to be nosey about stuff I don't know!!!

Originally Posted by x_rose_x View Post
Sorry off topic lol... How many shows has Marius been in now?, Kodi's first one is in October. Theres 2/3 in October, but I have lost the entry forms will need to look for them. Then he's got his first champ show in November which might be only his 2nd show if I can't find those entry forms...p.s. you need to post some new pics of Marius:mrgreen:
LOL - he hasn't been to any yet! I did have him down for Blackpool but didn't go as he was too green and hadn't had enough ringcraft practice.

He has been about 5 times now to ringcraft and this week was the first time he stood still enough to let the judge go over him, he usually wriggles and licks them etc

I am going to listen to Shona and get some kebab meat for him, I know he will adore it!

Good luck to you and Kodi for your first Champ show - fingers crossed for you!

I will pay heed and get some new pics of him too!! :smt002

Thanks for your help and good wishes all xxx