View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
willowish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2007, 08:08 PM
Hi Anne - Marie, Dont worry so much hun Marius and yourself are doing great. Joan was well impressed with him on Wednesday and commented on the lovely pups that would be out shortly just after you had gone to the end of the mat

China
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2007, 12:41 AM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Basically it's repetition and reward. Cannot beat going to ringcraft though and the sooner you start the better. Mine start at 8 weeks.
Becky
So true, but always remember to have a diffierent lead for showing then the one you would normally use for walking, my lot know what we are going to do by the lead I grab
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2007, 09:21 AM
Originally Posted by willowish View Post
Hi Anne - Marie, Dont worry so much hun Marius and yourself are doing great. Joan was well impressed with him on Wednesday and commented on the lovely pups that would be out shortly just after you had gone to the end of the mat

Aww thanks, I hadn't heard that!! I guess I was comparing myself to the other lady who was there with her younger Rottie, he was so still as a statue when getting looked at by Joan, never budged! (I know the handler has shown for years though!!)
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2007, 05:08 PM
i start them with no collar or lead, I start by teaching in front, the dog is taught to stand straight in front, if I move he will re-possition himself untill straight again, I move sideways teaching them to walk side ways in both directions, I then train walk back, then spin, when you put it all together it makes standing them in the ring a doddle, they learn to stand without being pulled, baited,, or stacked so stand in a more natural stance. If I get a min I will do a short vid of the diff parts they dont take long to train, I trained holly in the ring today I know how terrible of me not to have trained her for the show ring untill I got in the show ring the only thing she had been taught a few days ago was to walk back, but she looked ok, shona x
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2007, 11:42 AM
Oh thanks for that Shona! Those are helpful tips, the video would be brilliant if you do get chance, thanks very much!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2