Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2007, 08:55 AM
Originally Posted by boobah View Post
I say bring back national service and we wont have no shortage of troops.Also get these lazy b*****d's lounging about on the dole in to help these poor folks with the floods and any other crisis we have.
As for the state of our roads,get the cons out who are low risk and make them work on them.They could also be put to work tidying up the pensioners gardens who need it done.
OOOOOOOOOH am I bad or what?
[quote=nero;1072856]Ooooer, that's a bit strong.
However, I agree with national service being reintroduced.
National service tought those who served, disipline, pride, many skills, and a sense of loyalty that seems to have disappeared over the years.

i agree with national service,and maybe we wouldnt have massive amount of ppl on the dole,
my step-sisters brother in law was killed in iraq 2 months ago it was his last posting he was due to leave the army after that,hed been there 2 days,however it was his choice to go,why shouldnt it be compulsory for men of service age not do a stint in the army,we might have less louts and less crime,in the country,i would say get our boys out,but what would they be leaving behind,only to have to go back and clean up what they left xmany years later.
MazY
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-07-2007, 08:59 AM
The question of why we don't reintroduce National Service has long since baffled me.

For me, it would seem to be at least helpful for so many different problems.

- Kids having nothing to do
- Drain on social security funding
- Shortage of military numbers
- Anti-social behaviour
- Prison numbers....

the list could go on for ages....
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2007, 09:11 AM
I agree that National Service should be re-introduced for BOTH sexes! My dad had to do National Service and he was no thug he was a gentleman.
Discipline is what is lacking in a lot of youngsters and some Service Training would help. They can always go onto university afterwards.
Becky
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2007, 09:11 AM
its the nanny state we live in,its rediculous youv got the pm sitting in his castle,looking down on the rest of us,saying its my way or no way,and everyone is saying yes my lord,get the picture its stupid,if kids of 18 went straight into the army done a cumpulsry 5 years they come back better ppl for it,it worked before why not again xx
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2007, 09:18 AM
I do NOT want my son to be forced into an army, forced to fight a war that he may not believe in and forced to die for it, just because of an accident of birth...because he happened to be born in this country. Nope. Defintiely not.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2007, 09:19 AM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
I agree that National Service should be re-introduced for BOTH sexes! My dad had to do National Service and he was no thug he was a gentleman.
Discipline is what is lacking in a lot of youngsters and some Service Training would help. They can always go onto university afterwards.
Becky
Becky, I suspect your dad would have been a good man, with or without National Service. plenty of men who did National Service were not good men.
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-07-2007, 09:23 AM
Originally Posted by boobah View Post
I say bring back national service and we wont have no shortage of troops.Also get these lazy b*****d's lounging about on the dole in to help these poor folks with the floods and any other crisis we have.
As for the state of our roads,get the cons out who are low risk and make them work on them.They could also be put to work tidying up the pensioners gardens who need it done.
OOOOOOOOOH am I bad or what?
I agree with bring back national service as I'm now to old now.

I do however think you would have one hell of a fight with the rest of your idea as the TUC would have a fit.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2007, 09:29 AM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
I do NOT want my son to be forced into an army, forced to fight a war that he may not believe in and forced to die for it, just because of an accident of birth...because he happened to be born in this country. Nope. Defintiely not.
I don't think they should be sent to war I just think they should have army training. Only those who want to 'join' should be sent abroad, not those doing National Service!
Becky
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2007, 09:32 AM
I don't think they should be sent to war I just think they should have army training. Only those who want to 'join' should be sent abroad, not those doing National Service!
Becky
...a fair idea, but one that I suspect wouldn't last long as soon as the country became involved in another war. I didn't have my son so he could become cannon fodder.
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2007, 09:32 AM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
Becky

sorry if i offended yes this would be the best way to go,open to all opions and i agree with mahooli yes xx
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >