View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2006, 07:08 PM

Another bad day, hope Crufts goes better!

After last weekend when a mixed sex class included a bitch in season sending Deccy into orbit, I have had another bad day today
An Open show, one judge doing three groups one after the other, listed in the schedule, the catalogue and the notices on the rings in the same order. Realising that this would mean a long wait, out Deccy back in the car. Thought about taking Polly out as Veteran appeared to be on fairly imminently.
Sitting in the car 5 minutes later having a drink, I was galvanised into action by a friend's daughter telling me I was due in the ring. The order had changed without notice, plus the "ring" was now indoors, the downstairs bar of the venue with people all round the edge and a seven foot wide strip of carpet to move on, and people wandering in from a side door and walking across what little ring we had. Now Deccy needs time to settle, so dragging him out of the car and racing him over to the building resulting in the inevitable, and he wouldn't show, and had only a few paces to move in before I had to turn him round.
After that fiasco, I enquired about veteran and was told that it would be much later - a couple of hours time - after the breed classes. Ten minutes later, it was announced.
I just hope that a "bad dress rehearsal" means that Crufts will go ok, or maybe it will be "third time lucky" as the two shows this year so far have been disasters, I am less interested in the place than making sure that my dogs show well and are happy..... but sometimes that is difficult
At least Polly got placed
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-03-2006, 07:30 PM
Course it will Il be there. 3rd time lucky.
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2006, 08:47 AM
Don't worry about it! I'm sure Crufts will be better.
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2006, 09:31 AM
it'll be fine, thats all the bad stuff out of the way now - and thats the way it works - I hope!
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2006, 03:16 PM
That's the way to look at it, from now on the only way is up!

It is so unfair of people to bring a bitch in-season to a show, they shouldn't be allowed to show it.