Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Harry25
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-11-2006, 08:31 AM

Christmas puppies - advert

Just seen this as part of an add for a toy breed on a website:

wouldnt you just love to see, me beneath your christmas tree, im only small but full of love, a little angel from above.

I wish people wouldn't advertise puppies as good christmas presents. The amount of ads I've seen this weekend advertising the puppies as "ready in time for christmas" - makes me so mad.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-11-2006, 08:40 AM
There were puppies for sale in a pet shop attached to a large garden centre where we went on Saturday.
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2006, 08:41 AM
Yep I've started to see a load too, it makes me sad and angry that people are going to let these pups go as presents.

However on a more positive note I did see an advert last year saying that the pups were ready 25th December but wouldn't be ready for collection till after the New Year.
maebme
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2006, 09:46 AM
I think advertising puppies for Christmas should be banned as a matter of principle. At least that way it may reduce the deluge of unwanted pets needing rehomed in the new year.
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2006, 10:40 AM
Totally agree. Normally Christmas is a mad time for everyone in their own household and in terms of going out. I realise that in terms of having pups at christmas, if the bitch only comes into season once a year and at the wrong time then it can't be helped. It happened to a friend of mine, but she kept the pups until they were 10 weeks old to avoid Christmas and New Year which is fair enough.