Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Netpon
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-09-2009, 01:14 PM

Working trials in the West Midlands

I'm very interested in doing working trials with my rotty and was wondering where to look for a club? Is there a national registry of clubs?
basky
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-10-2009, 08:07 PM
check here:
http://www.workingtrials.co.uk/
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2009, 08:24 PM
I would love to get into working trials or agility with Jess.
basky
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-10-2009, 08:29 PM
jen if you go on yell.com and put in agility it should come up with places around your area. you could phone round and see if there are indoor ones
nickmcmechan
Almost a Veteran
Male 

17-10-2009, 12:02 PM
hi, i do working trials with my lab x and must admit if wasn't for the pure good heartedness of one of my club members i would never have got into it.

Lady had her first trial before i wnet on hols and we both loved it. She had a perfect sit stay and down stay, 4 1.2 out of 5 for heelwork, did a perfect clear jump the second time. I do look back and giggle at the send away...normalyy perfect but she went the other way! Decide that the scale and the clear weren't for us that day...then the judge said at the end we were free to us the equipment si i thought i'd have another go at the scale and clear....guess what!

If you want to get into it, I'd suggest contacting ASPADs. If you click on the plus sign beside WORKING TRIALS SOCIETY PAGES IN www.workingtrials.co.uk you should be able to locate your local society.

The world of working trials is not fully / really on the web so I would suggest phoning up - the people who are involve in the sport are some the most friendly, sociable and helpful people you will ever likely meet.

It might be good to go along and watch a trial, but wihtout someone explaining what on earth is going on you might find its not a great spectator sport (with the exception of the PD stake!)

Give me a shout if you struggle. I go along to an SWTS training event about once a month and will be able to ask someone at the next one about someone local to you.

Good luck - I love the sport, and more importantly, Lady absolultely loves it too!
nickmcmechan
Almost a Veteran
Male 

17-10-2009, 12:05 PM
check this guys vids out - he's at my club btw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5G5ay...eature=related
nickmcmechan
Almost a Veteran
Male 

18-10-2009, 01:27 PM
and here is the contacts page i found, just select the closest to home:

http://www.workingtrials.co.uk/Socie...%20Details.htm
nickmcmechan
Almost a Veteran
Male 

17-11-2009, 09:00 PM
how did you get on - did you find a club?