Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2005, 11:25 PM

earliest memory

i was jus thinkin, what is ur earliest memory of an unpleasent or pleasant experience of a dog?
i remmeber when i was little i was round someones house, have no idea who and they had this tiny yorkie terrier, and i remember i went to stroke it and it put all its defences up yapping and snapping toward me like it was seriously crazy! scared the crap outta me! lol. now b4 u say, i dont have a grudge against yorkies, my nan had one and so did my bf;s parents. its jus an early memory and it makes me laugh when i think about it
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2005, 11:33 PM
my earliest pleasant memory including a dog was a good one and that was christmas when i was 6 and my mum saying that my christmas present was in the play room and i opened the door and Ben my first golden retriever jumped literally over my head!!!! He was then and still is to this day the best christmas present i ever got! He died a year after i left home and it broke my heart.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2005, 11:34 PM
My first memory is being bitten by a GSD collie x and it took all the skin off my midlle finger! I was only 3! I screamed the place down as well! Nice looking dog though.
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-03-2005, 12:08 AM
When I was about five - going for a walk with family! Border Collie Glen way out front, then me, then Dad, followed by my Mum with a pramful of my sisters and Joseph the cat bringing up the rear (and trying to pretend he had nothing to do with the rabble in front of him)

Snorri
Archaeopath
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-03-2005, 12:18 AM
My earliest memory of a dog was when I was about 4 - I met our neighbour's huge GSD who was lovely. The dog licked my face all over and the owner explained it was just the dog's way of kissing me.

When I was around 10 I was walking up a hill with my mum, a woman was coming the other way with toddler, baby in pushchair and mad BC off-lead - the BC ran past me quite close and bit my leg on his way through. Looking back I guess he was trying herd me, but it was quite scary at the time - the only time I've ever been bitten.

Becs
LF
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-03-2005, 03:37 AM
I'm glad I have NO memory of my earliest memory of a run in with a dog! My Granny's pekinese leapt into my pram and bit me square on the face - I still have a teeny tiny scar to show for it! However, something must have lurked in my subconsciousness about it, because the dog lived for many years after that and I loathed and detested it to the point I couldn't bear it near me, even though I was a child who loved dogs. Surprisingly, the dog wasn't put to sleep for biting me as my Granny adored it and believed that he had just been jealous! Actually, the only person that loved that dog was Granny, even Grampa couldn't stand the sight of it!

Lesley
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2005, 08:25 AM
My earliest memory is when I was about 13, and getting bitten breaking up a dog fight...I still have the scars on my hands now....
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2005, 08:29 AM
I remember well and its was before i started schoool !!!!!!!!! my dads friend came round to our house with a little x breed pup and it bit me on the knee...LOL I still have the scar
WiggilyStump
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-03-2005, 08:31 AM
Something I will never forget was when I was 4 there was a dog that lived in my grandmas street and it used to sit at its gate every day, I dont know what breed it was, It looked like a brown long-haired lab anyway, It could only walk on 3 legs and every time I saw it I used to ask my granny for a bisquit pretending it was for me, then I would give it to the dog and sit and talk to it for ages, It was called Prince and at the time was my best friend, I cant remember when it died but I can remember the day I walked past Its house and It wasnt sitting there anymore and I assumed it had died.
I was gutted!!
Emma-836592
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2005, 09:32 AM
my earliest memory was our crossbreed Sheba, i remember my brother looking for her one morning, he looked under the sideboard (now that shows how long ago it was ) and put his hand under, she growled and nipped him (not hurt), my mother then looked under there and found Sheba with 2 pups we didnt even know she was in pup !, luckily we found very good homes for the pups when they were old enough to leave, i cant remember the pups at all, i just remember my brother (and mother) finding them
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >