View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Doglistener
Dogsey Senior

21-03-2005, 09:49 AM
Hi

My oldest was a working springer who lived to 16.5 and had to be PTS.

My youngest was 5.5 also a Springer who contracted bone cancer in the exact that area where he was bitten by a Boxer, a traumatic injury apparently can sometimes trigger some cancers. He was my soulmate and the best working Springer I have ever owned and he is missed terribly.

The oldest dog ever apparently was a Blue Heeler, aka as a Australian Cattle Dog. called Bluey. who lived to be 29.5 months old

The oldest in Britain was or is Bramble a Border Collie almost 29. Bramble's secret to longevity is a vegetarian diet according to his owner. Ms. Heritage is a vegan and has brought up her dog on the same diet regime she herself follows.
"She has a big bowl of rice, lentils and organic vegetables every evening," says Ms. Heritage. That throws all the raw and kibble diets out of the window then. though the oldest ever in Britain was a pedigree Papillon called Fred who died at the of 29.3 months in 2000.

Stan
jacquie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-03-2005, 10:04 AM
I cant remember exactly but I think it was a terrier of some kind. Her other dogs were 15 and 10 ( i think) can you remember pat? It all kind of went over my head as she wanted a boxer for her birthday in a few months time!!!! I dont think alot of thought went into this decission She isn't in Scotland either.
One of the more "strange" callers.
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2005, 10:26 AM
My oldest was Tammy, my last bitch who died of cancer at 5.5 years of age in September last year.

Jas is stil going strong at 8 years mind

OH oldest dog was a Border Collie and he died a few years back aged 18 years
Footybird11
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-03-2005, 06:55 PM
I have a cross I got when I started primary school (5) and still have him not at almost 22. he'l be 18 next month. He's still going strong! I got a pup last month and Sam my old boy is ok with her, he even tried running with us yesterday on our walk and the pups a husky lol.
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4