View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Schnauzerbabe
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-06-2007, 06:58 PM
Lexi seems a whole lot better today she is so much more perky not back to her old self yet but a move in the right direction she has tried to play today with her hoop and ball but I think her mouth/Jaw or throat were too sore and she didn't like it in her mouth too long.. Our vet said they didn't like aneathetising just for the sake of it I think maybe because we had no idea what it was she had eaten whatever it was did get stuck in her throat and for a couple of seconds she was gasping but then it went it did crunch that is why I don't think it was a wasp or bee but she is such a little demon she picks things up and likes you to chase her she is a devil for socks and other small items of clothing...
Thankyou all so much for the advice you have given and I will keep you informed of her progress I was so worried about her I will seriously think about changing vets but because of it's location it for me is the best option...
Sue
Schnauzerbabe
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-06-2007, 07:12 PM
UPDATE ON LEXI
We took her back to the vets yesterday as she was not really picking up she seemed to be having good days and bad days and we got to feeling we were being neurotic about her but they booked her into today for 4 tests Blood X-ray ultra sound and endoscope...
The x-rays showed she has a sewing needle stuck from left to right across her throat the vet also said it had been moving around as it had sign of going up and down she also developed a lump on Monday to the right side of her neck this was the site of the needle and they nicked the skin and pulled it out externally... She is so much better tonight a little sleepy now but she has eaten well (prescription food)...
Thankyou all who gave me advice and good wishes it was much appreciated
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2007, 07:19 PM
Glad they found the source of the problem, must have been really sore the little poppet! Hopefully she should be on the road to recovery now
JacekPacek
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-06-2007, 07:22 PM
stupid stupid vet!
your dog was in life threathening situation and they didnt want to explore what she ate? i mean...
the very same thing (except that i didnt know that he swalloved something) happened to my dog.
he ate a kebab stick. he nearly died because of vets didnt x-rayed him with contrast barium.

hope she feels better soon!
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2007, 07:37 PM
Thank god, glad they found that and have made her better now.
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2007, 07:47 PM
Just caught up on this thread, poor Lexi, so glad she's feeling better, but I'm having very evil thoughts about your vets, I can't understand why they didn't xray her to start with if only to elimiate certain things, then they would have found out the problem straight away aaarrrggghhh, on your behalf
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2007, 07:50 PM
Flipping heck, all that could have been avoided if they'd been thorough in the first place. Bless her wee heart, it must have been painful. So pleased you've got it sorted now and she's on the mend. xx
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2007, 08:07 PM
OMG, poor Lexi
I`m having what are probably very similar evil thoughts about the stupid vet as CLMG.
I hope they have`nt billed you, they should be compensating you for your girl suffering because of their out and out negligence [ thats what I`d call it imo ]
:smt021 :smt021 :smt021

I do hope you will strongly consider never using the same one/s ever again - it might be the most convenient but they were about as much use when they were most needed as a petrol station thats run out of fuel...

Hugs to Lexi, I hope she feels better very quickly now
Schnauzerbabe
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-06-2007, 08:55 PM
I was beginning to feel neurotic and it was like we were being over protective we told them we had insurance so there was not a problem about the bill we just wanted it sorted the total bill for her was £497 but we are so relieved that it is sorted now and she is back to her normal cheeky self today...
Thank you all for your good wishes and advice
Sue and Lexi
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2007, 09:26 PM
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
OMG, poor Lexi
I`m having what are probably very similar evil thoughts about the stupid vet as CLMG.
I hope they have`nt billed you, they should be compensating you for your girl suffering because of their out and out negligence [ thats what I`d call it imo ]
:smt021 :smt021 :smt021

I do hope you will strongly consider never using the same one/s ever again - it might be the most convenient but they were about as much use when they were most needed as a petrol station thats run out of fuel...

Hugs to Lexi, I hope she feels better very quickly now
Couldnt put it better myself!

Hope all is improving and that Lexi gets back to her old self!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >