Our sister sites
nantgwyn
Dogsey Junior
Male 

31-05-2015, 10:47 PM

Dog Books

Not sure if this is the right section but im looking for this book

http://www.davidhancockondogs.com/pu...s/tm_tbgh.html

really impressed with him after seeing the Gammonwood documentary on youtube . Ive looked on amazon and their are none for sale apart from 1 used for 1k . Nowhere else seems to have it online . Im not a big book person so not sure how i would go about trying to find this book . Does anybody have any tips
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2015, 12:16 PM
£1,000 Does it come with a Mastiff??
Been having a look,can't find it either Unavailable in most places,some even saying its "out of print"!
Will keep looking
Dibbythedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-06-2015, 12:57 PM
This is his website

http://www.davidhancockondogs.com/publications.html

Its says there is a second edition being printing this year.

You could contact him on the email addres given -

david@hancock1.myzen.co.uk
nantgwyn
Dogsey Junior
Male 

01-06-2015, 09:59 PM
Originally Posted by Dibbythedog View Post
This is his website

http://www.davidhancockondogs.com/publications.html

Its says there is a second edition being printing this year.

You could contact him on the email addres given -

david@hancock1.myzen.co.uk

Your a diamond, I've sent him a email. I checked his site before and d oh didn't notice the reprint section.
nantgwyn
Dogsey Junior
Male 

02-06-2015, 08:42 PM
i got his back from him

Dear Tobi, My book ‘The Mastiffs – The Big Game Hunters’ has not found a publisher for a reprint, sorry! The text is available if you click on the book under publications on my web site, but of course lacks the 300-odd images which make the book. Yours regretfully, David H.

bit of a bummer really
Dibbythedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-06-2015, 09:35 PM
Thats a shame.

That was nice of him to reply.
nantgwyn
Dogsey Junior
Male 

04-06-2015, 07:00 PM
Originally Posted by Dibbythedog View Post
Thats a shame.

That was nice of him to reply.
ye i thought so aswell . Seeing as its not in print and im just 1 person asking i was suprised he replied . I sent him another email back saying

"Thats a crying shame , I really enjoyed "A GammonWood Tale" on youtube . I thought the way you talked about the subject was amazing and your dedication to the dog ancestory was spot on . Since we rescued a big dog from spain i have started reading more into big dog breeds and their history and have been trying to find out the likely breed of our dog . He was rescued from a pound in spain at 6 months . He had a broken leg from rickets because of the lack of proper feeding . We were told he was a spanish mastiff / cross pointer , but as hes grown up im starting to wonder . He was abandoned as a baby at the pound so they have no real idea of what breed he is . As hes grown up he has started to resemble a anatolian shepherd a little bit .

I will be purchasing "the heritage of the dog" from amazon but do you have a recommendation of another good book on the history of mastiffs?"

He replied to me

"Dear Tobi, Glad you enjoyed the ‘talk’. Your dog could be a Spanish Mastiff X Galgo, a cross to lighten the frame of the former, now too bulky. I’m trying hard to find a publisher for my mastiffs book reprint, I wrote it out of despair – there just isn’t a reliable accurate properly-researched book on them and certainly not on the English Mastiff. My mastiff book is on Ebay sometimes and on Amazon secondhand. Do read my mastiff book on my web site, although the images in the book are worth the price! Best Wishes, David H."
shirls
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-06-2015, 11:39 AM
Could you try emailing second hand bookshops?