Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2013, 08:07 PM

Annoying/silly Remus and the sainted Tonks

Usually I distract him when he does this but Tonks was engrossed with her log.

Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2013, 10:00 PM
Loved that..how strong is Tonks??? OMG
Laughing so hard at Tonks making short work of the huge log and Remus heads off and gets a TWIG!! He is so funny
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2013, 10:21 PM
Yep she's very strong, takes chunks out if logs like its a piece of cake. She'll carry them for ages too, with her head muscles bulging. She's a little powerhouse but a real gentle soul. That's her beauty to me, physically gorgeous with amazing power but so so gentle.

Remus... Well what can you say! How annoying is he! 'I want that, I want that, I want that, I want that, I want that!' Made me chuckle that she finally charged at him when he wasn't doing anything! So funny when Merryn through the stick for/at him ' what was that for?!'
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2013, 05:47 AM
A much as I love it, sometimes the brawn has its problems. She loves to muscle off you, can't walk round you it's out brushing off you....and it's never a light brush off. Lol! This morning Remus needed a poo at 6.15 and I'm not in a great mood as we were woken twice in the night by drunken idiots shouting. So I creep down stairs making sure Remus doesn't shake his head reall loudly on our tiny landing and wake the girls...get downstairs, creep them both out to the loo then on the way back Tonks blunders off me pushing through the door way banging the door hard of the stairs....so hard that it bounces back and hits me and then bounces back and hit the stairs again. ...so now that's Merryn up! Grrrrr........and I know she was only pleased to see me.....just wish she child express it in a less blundery way when the girls are asleep!
Baxter8
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-08-2013, 05:58 AM
I love the video - had to have the sound off because a certain monster is laid next to me on the sofa and would start to bark in tune with Remus.

Tonks is pure staffie isn't she - just makes me laugh so much at the things they will tackle - my one goes into a stream and tries his hardest to uproot the trees growing along the edges and makes that staffie noise as he's trying to do it, I swear he'll succeed in uprooting a tree one day and cause a mini landslide.

Your description of Tonks greeting you very early this morning made me laugh out loud too - life is never boring if you're within 15ft of a staffie.

Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
A much as I love it, sometimes the brawn has its problems. She loves to muscle off you, can't walk round you it's out brushing off you....and it's never a light brush off. Lol! This morning Remus needed a poo at 6.15 and I'm not in a great mood as we were woken twice in the night by drunken idiots shouting. So I creep down stairs making sure Remus doesn't shake his head reall loudly on our tiny landing and wake the girls...get downstairs, creep them both out to the loo then on the way back Tonks blunders off me pushing through the door way banging the door hard of the stairs....so hard that it bounces back and hits me and then bounces back and hit the stairs again. ...so now that's Merryn up! Grrrrr........and I know she was only pleased to see me.....just wish she child express it in a less blundery way when the girls are asleep!
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2013, 06:39 AM
Originally Posted by Baxter8 View Post
I love the video - had to have the sound off because a certain monster is laid next to me on the sofa and would start to bark in tune with Remus.

Tonks is pure staffie isn't she - just makes me laugh so much at the things they will tackle - my one goes into a stream and tries his hardest to uproot the trees growing along the edges and makes that staffie noise as he's trying to do it, I swear he'll succeed in uprooting a tree one day and cause a mini landslide.

Your description of Tonks greeting you very early this morning made me laugh out loud too - life is never boring if you're within 15ft of a staffie.
She was sold as pure staffie but dad was tall and I think mum had some lab in her her as she was chocolate brown and just a bit too long for her height. She is the first dog we have ever bought. I prefer to rescue but when my partner said he really wanted a staffie I said that I would want a pup as I would be the one responsible for it really, being experienced in dog and dog training and Paul's three boys were between 5 and 11 years old. There mum doesn't like dogs really and definitely wouldn't like staffies...not that she's ever met one...but we wanted a dog that would be great with children...so staffie was the obvious choice! We tried three rescue places looking for a staffie pup, one never got back to us and two said that they would not home a staffie to a home that had not had a staffie before!! Figure that one out?! Even though, at the time, I was a registered APDT trainer still! Madness! I presume they have no changed their tune considering Jo many staffies are in rescue now. So we bought Tonks but I wasnt interested in getting one with a long pedigree just one who had had a good start in life and the woman we got her off had both mum and dad living with the pups and the whelping box int he lounge so they had been part of the family meeting, cats, visitors, children etc.
Baxter8
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-08-2013, 07:21 AM
It's a difficult balancing act for rescue places I think, I had heard that they wouldn't allow teenagers to even view staffies - which I have to say on balance seems like a good thing. A lot of rescue centres advertise their dogs as "not suitable to live with children under 10" I think to cover their own backs. It does reduce the number of available homes.

I once saw a young girl advertise her malamute on that popular ...book website who wasn't (1) good with men, (2) children and (3) couldn't be left alone, I wished her luck finding a childless single woman who didn't work! Stupid girl. From memory she lived in a flat and someone had called the RSPCA because they'd heard the dog howling. It really winds me up that so many people are buying these beautiful dogs having absolutely no idea about what is involved, instead they drag them around the high street on scorching hot days with their haltis because they haven't trained them to walk nicely - in fact they probably only ever take them out on warm days to show off.

OMG didn't mean to rant!!!

She was sold as pure staffie but dad was tall and I think mum had some lab in her her as she was chocolate brown and just a bit too long for her height. She is the first dog we have ever bought. I prefer to rescue but when my partner said he really wanted a staffie I said that I would want a pup as I would be the one responsible for it really, being experienced in dog and dog training and Paul's three boys were between 5 and 11 years old. There mum doesn't like dogs really and definitely wouldn't like staffies...not that she's ever met one...but we wanted a dog that would be great with children...so staffie was the obvious choice! We tried three rescue places looking for a staffie pup, one never got back to us and two said that they would not home a staffie to a home that had not had a staffie before!! Figure that one out?! Even though, at the time, I was a registered APDT trainer still! Madness! I presume they have no changed their tune considering Jo many staffies are in rescue now. So we bought Tonks but I wasnt interested in getting one with a long pedigree just one who had had a good start in life and the woman we got her off had both mum and dad living with the pups and the whelping box int he lounge so they had been part of the family meeting, cats, visitors, children etc.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2013, 07:23 AM
Yep she's very strong, takes chunks out if logs like its a piece of cake. She'll carry them for ages too, with her head muscles bulging. She's a little powerhouse but a real gentle soul. That's her beauty to me, physically gorgeous with amazing power but so so gentle.

Remus... Well what can you say! How annoying is he! 'I want that, I want that, I want that, I want that, I want that!' Made me chuckle that she finally charged at him when he wasn't doing anything! So funny when Merryn through the stick for/at him ' what was that for?!'
I enjoyed watching that! Who made that house from branches?

Tonks was making me laugh there - it was like ....

'Which bit of you are NOT having my log don't you understand Remus?' lol!

Tonks is wonderful. Her attitude towards Remus is much the same as my sister's Staffy's attitude towards little Bella - he puts up with her so well. But there are just one or two things he ain't about to let her have!

As for Merryn it was like 'Here Remus, have this and shuttup' lol!
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2013, 07:37 AM
Originally Posted by Baxter8 View Post
It's a difficult balancing act for rescue places I think, I had heard that they wouldn't allow teenagers to even view staffies - which I have to say on balance seems like a good thing. A lot of rescue centres advertise their dogs as "not suitable to live with children under 10" I think to cover their own backs. It does reduce the number of available homes.

I once saw a young girl advertise her malamute on that popular ...book website who wasn't (1) good with men, (2) children and (3) couldn't be left alone, I wished her luck finding a childless single woman who didn't work! Stupid girl. From memory she lived in a flat and someone had called the RSPCA because they'd heard the dog howling. It really winds me up that so many people are buying these beautiful dogs having absolutely no idea about what is involved, instead they drag them around the high street on scorching hot days with their haltis because they haven't trained them to walk nicely - in fact they probably only ever take them out on warm days to show off.

OMG didn't mean to rant!!!
Rant away! It is madness and I think rescue centres do need guidelines, but you would have thought a home with qualified trainer....who could give references or the behaviourist who employed her...and her vet, and had only ever had rescue dogs in the past ...who's was working from home so the dog would only ever be left for four hours as an adult...and who had already researched dog sitters so the puppy wouldn't be left for more than an hour or more without company would be a pretty safe bet as a good home...but there you go. Madness!

Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
I enjoyed watching that! Who made that house from branches?

Tonks was making me laugh there - it was like ....

'Which bit of you are NOT having my log don't you understand Remus?' lol!

Tonks is wonderful. Her attitude towards Remus is much the same as my sister's Staffy's attitude towards little Bella - he puts up with her so well. But there are just one or two things he ain't about to let her have!

As for Merryn it was like 'Here Remus, have this and shuttup' lol!
I don't know who built the house, there are loads of them about in the forestry commission sites near us and the girls love them!

She's funny with the logs because any other dog who came up to her she would just ignore or pick up the log and walk off, no growling. I'm not sure if she would do that now as she has learnt to growl with logs...we haven't found out yet because other dogs are usually to occupied either playing with Remus or trying to avoid him. Sometimes she gives up and just wanders off leaving the log with him...and he has no idea what to do with it. He'll give it a pathetic nibble and then go off after her...and which ever other log she's picked up 'I want that one now! That one looks easier! Can I have that one' etc etc. Hence why I usually distract him t give her some peace! I try to do it positively but often end up with the "Remus! Enough!!'

Tonks let's him have sterilised bones etc, he can take them out of her mouth but he is not allowed near her while she licks Paul's feet Odd dog!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-08-2013, 07:40 AM
That was such fun to watch - Remus bounding around like he has springs instead of legs, and Tonks doing her best to ignore him!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >