Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2007, 08:27 AM

I Don't believe Some People

The family over the back of me have never been that nice and all of a sudden yesterday she is hanging this little 8 week old Springer Spanial pup over the top of the 6ft fence to show me what she had got. She proceeds to tell me how he is going for his first jab on Monday and then how a poodle she used to have got run over and i had heard she had another dog taken away over a dispute of ownership.
Then yesterday afternoon she comes into the garage where I work for fuel and tells me they had just walked the puppy over to St. Johns and back, now this is a good 11/2 miles from her house, so thats 3 miles they made this puppy walk without wherever it had to walk while there, plus the fact it hasn't even had one of its innoculations yet. Then yesterday evening the 9yr old son and his mates are out there when I get in from work, in the dark making this poor pup run up and down the garden. I don't know how long they had been out there but they carried on for a good half hour after I got home.
I did try to say that the pup should have some jabs first and doesn't need all that exercise but she cut me short saying quite huffily that she does know what she is doing she has had dogs before .
I can't believe what they are doing, that poor little pup I feel so sorry for it.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2007, 09:09 AM
Those sort of people make me sick, we have had that sort from time to time living by us. She will possibly regret that exercising when it suddenly has leg problems because she's exercised it to much to young, and it makes me wonder how many times a day is she feeding the poor like thing, is it getting 4 meals a day (small ones) or is she stupid enough to be giving it one large meal, next thing it will start vomiting because it's little belly isn't getting time to rest up, simply because they are running it round. People like that need educating, Back of us is a couple who bought a Staffy pup, they left it out in the garden all day crying, no shelter etc., poor mite craved attention as it could see them throught the patio window, when it got to 12 weeks she (I'm told) got rid because it was messing up the floor when it came in!!!!!!!!!!
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2007, 09:54 AM
how annoying they run the poor pup off its feet then you watch and see when its older it won't get a walk for weeks on end

sad
Sez & Amber
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-11-2007, 10:01 AM
People like this shouldn't have puppies . The family we got Amber from had been taking her for walks, without any of her injections (and proudly told me that she walks on a lead with no bother). She hadn't ever been wormed or flea-treated, although I was told that "if they had decided to keep her, they would, of course, have taken care of all that".

Amber does get upset when my OH takes Sam out for a long ramble in the woods, but she just isn't big enough yet for such a long walk (they're often gone for two or three hours), and she is too big and heavy to carry for a long distance, so she has to make do with her own "puppy walks", when she gets my OH all to herself :smt001 . We do try to take both dogs to the beach a couple of times a week, but we keep it short and sweet for Amber's sake.

I daresay by the time your neighbour's pup is six months old, the novelty will have probably worn off. Poor little thing.
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-11-2007, 10:01 AM
Clearly, the kid is unable to tell the difference between a living thing and a toy. We all know that puppies like playing, but there's a limit!

Snorri
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2007, 01:15 PM
Some people!!!!!! GRRRRRRR
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-11-2007, 01:32 PM
Can't you lend them a book on dog welfare and upkeep?
chelsea
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2007, 01:57 PM
Some people yer just should,nt have a dog makes me mad
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2007, 02:10 PM
ARGH! I would go nuts - its difficult when you live so close though, you don't know how people react....

I hope they novelty wears off soon and the pup gets a loving and caring home x