View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2006, 07:33 AM

should i feel guilty about wanting a White GSD?

Hiya, i have been going on another site, and i always feel that im made to be quite stupid when i go on there i know i dont know alot, but i am learning!

now there on at me about breed standard, and that they hate anything other then the short black/tan GSD. now i feel really guilty about wanting a white one, and i see a complete sable one, not one bit of black that i also thought was stunning!

am i wrong? and say you just end up with a white one in the litter, its like casted away or something?!
why do they breed these dogs if there all not to standard?

am now thinking twice about getting one and we raelly wanted one
janie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2006, 07:38 AM
I don`t know anything about the health side of White GSD... if any?? But i think everyone has a preference for the breed/colour of dog they want... so don`t feel bad, if it`s not what others like ... get what YOU want!
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2006, 07:38 AM
hi dont feel guilty every one has there own choice if that is what oyu would like hun then that is your choice so dont worry. My other half has always wanted a pure white parson but most think they are ugly but he loves love them so please stick with what you want dont change oyur mind just because most want the other colours, i am sure everyone will tell you on here it is what you want in your dog not others.. good luck with your search i am sure that white gsd will be there waiting for you.
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2006, 07:39 AM
Hiya white have exactly the same health issues as there black & tan counter parts! (i got that from the white & long coated gsd society!)
Doggydina
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-10-2006, 07:42 AM
Defo don't feel guilty ! It's your choice at the end of the day ! As long as you have researched the breed and feel that is the right one for YOU then never mind what anyone else says! In my opinion (for what it's worth) i think white GSD's are stunning !
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-10-2006, 07:42 AM
Pretty much agree with whats been written. Chose whats right for you and if others don't like it then thats their tough luck...... Get the dog thats right for you... then get some pics.... and then come show him/her off to us Dogsey peeps... we're not colour prejudice
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2006, 07:47 AM
lol thanks! well hoping it will be next year... or year after (NOOOOOO!!!)
janie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2006, 07:57 AM
Originally Posted by knottybabe View Post
Hiya white have exactly the same health issues as there black & tan counter parts! (i got that from the white & long coated gsd society!)
Well then... there is absolutely no reason why you shouldn`t have a white GSD.. ('whisper').. personally i prefer them
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2006, 08:02 AM
LoL! well at least im not alone then! i do not think i will be going back on the other site either!
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-10-2006, 08:04 AM
Originally Posted by knottybabe View Post
LoL! well at least im not alone then! i do not think i will be going back on the other site either!
Should think not ya two timer ...

My mate has a white GSD and it's a gorgeous dog
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »