Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-02-2024, 08:03 AM

Sunday 4th February.

Already.
We have started wet here today and feeling chilly.
Not much on today a busy day yesterday shopping for something red to wear Friday 16th. Pete's funeral.
We are travelling up to North Yorkshire on Thursday 15th and staying overnight in a hotel, going to the funeral Friday will go to the pub for a short time after then travel the 3.5 hour journey back.
We will Have Saturday to recover and then Freya on the Sunday and Monday.

We have no problems having Freya but the extra days we seem to be getting again and two close together we are beginning to find it harder.
We have to leave home by 7 am getting in around 5.45 pm. Plus Freya is a busy little girl.
We are getting older not younger unfortunately and we have had no real time to get over ourselves the upset and stress of Brewster and having to surrender him back to his breeder.
I feel I just need a break from it all.
Hopefully after Sunday and Monday the 18th & 19th things will go back to normal babysitting duties.
We have a bit of a break from the 26th for a week so we might take the opportunity to get the few days we really need/needed after the stress we have been through.

brenda I hope next week things will turn around for you.
Kazz you ok ? Very quiet over the last few days. Maybe like we all get sometimes nothing much to say.
Sue I hope your weekend has been restful.
Chris I hope things are quietening down and the dizzy spells are under control. Have you managed to get the medication changed ?
griff sorry to hear things are still bad at home, I think they will be now until some middle ground is found.
I hope Steve is still updating you about Molly.

Have a good Sunday everyone.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2024, 08:15 AM
Morning Lynn and all to come. I have no words that will say what I think of the staff that work on the ward at the hospital where my husband is except to say they haven't a clue. Surely everything should be written down? They all say something different when I speak to them. Then when they say they will phone me, do they, no they don't. So, I have given up and will go back to how I was before all this started. Completely obliviously to all of it. Is that a word? I could think of others but I am supposed to be a lady. lol!! Lynn spread the day when Freya is with you. You have a couple of hours and then Gorden a couple of hours. Swapsies. Hope you all have a good day.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-02-2024, 08:57 AM
Morning brenda it's a nightmare. It was bad enough with my mum and dad and that's going back a few years.
Our friend Pam had similar with Pete, plus one department will not speak to another same as I had with mum and sister Gill and you spend the time you need to not be stressed being stressed doing the job for them.
My heart goes out to you and yes I am sure if it isn't a word it can be.
I don't blame you for stepping back.
Take care of yourself.

Ha ha Freya is being a real nanny's girl at the moment. Very hard to get a break even with Grandad being there.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2024, 12:47 PM
Good afternoon all

Not too bad a morning. Bit windy and overcast though

Quite a lot of people about today, but we expect it on Sundays

A few years ago now, my mum was in the 'geriatric' ward and my son on the chemotherapy ward. Both for 6 weeks and both in a bad way (my mum died). The difference in the attitude of the staff on both wards was tremendous. My son got the best of care and nothing was too much trouble. My poor mum on the other hand - her treatment was so abysmal that despite protestations, my sister and I took shifts to stay with her round the clock. On the day she passed, two of the staff were singing Christmas carols outside her room and laughing and giggling as they did. Appalling is the best way to describe it.

Lynn, I feel your pain. I used to look after my two grandkids for two days a week from the day they were born and exhausting isn't the word
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2024, 01:08 PM
Good afternoon everyone

Overcast and windy but it has dried some towels I washed. Teazle walked, linch cooked and eaten and a couple of hours spenin the garden, in shifts but the I one side now dug over and weeds removed.

Take care everyone
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-02-2024, 01:29 PM
Morning Chris that really is dreadful behaviour.
Exhausting is the right word.
I hope you enjoyed breakfast out and are gearing up for Easter when even more people descend upon you.
Sue sounds like a nice morning except for the cheeky weeds returning.
Glad your towels dried.

Well I have had a long 3 hour conversation with a Bernese person glad the phone call wasn't mine.
I have learnt a lot feel a lot better about the Brewster situation and if we do ever decide to delve into Bernese again will definitely be getting her input.
Not saying anything bad about Brewsters breeding she feels all his problems led to the situation and we did the right thing because he now has the ne start he needed, she feels a lot of his behaviour especially towards Gorden was anxiety at the situation he had been through and we have undoubtedly removed him from a very stressful situation and although I am finding it extremely hard he will be a lot happier and move on.

I asked for an update today and he is still being mouthy but listening when told to stop, enjoying his walks and getting used to the cats.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2024, 01:32 PM
Afternoon all
You all remember when my mum was in hospital in COVID times with sepsis, well, I am still waiting for my phone call from the Dr!!! I do feel bad for the slagging that the NHS gets but sometimes, it's well deserved. It's bad on those who really go above and beyond and care.
Lynn, I think you are going to have to say something, either you are taking time off and having a complete break or you are only doing the days you agreed, I was in a similar situation with Steve, I was to walk Molly once a week when he had a long shift, then it was twice a week, that was fine but then it became seven days a week and 5 days off, by the time he finished at the COVID lab, I was sooooo run down, the thing that annoyed me was he just assumed I would do it. I don't drive so it was 3 hours travel and an hour with Molly and if a bus was missing I could have another hour or hour and a half added.
Steve is back to calling me...like nothing at all happened, I think he is depressed and I will need to get him to the Dr again
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-02-2024, 02:15 PM
I hope you get that call soon griff, somehow I doubt it.
Will Steve go if you make the appointment ?
I am still waiting for my painkillers for the after pains after giving birth to Michael 39 years ago in April.

I think the majority of the staff are doing their best in an underpaid, understaffed situation.

Well hopefully after next week we will be back to our one day a week with Freya.
It is up in the air but we might get our Mondays back excluding Bank holidays if this new child care works in Marks and Lauren's favour or possibly a later start and less hours on a Monday not holding our breath though.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2024, 04:42 PM
Well good afternoon all.

Yes Lynn I have been quiet but as you say not much more than life going on. I read but somehow forget to post.

Not much occuring, allotment this morning we have anew member of our crew a lady called Jane so hopefully she will be at least semir permenant. s its a volunteer group offshot of the original litter picking group that evolved into a gorilla gardening (waste council spaces) group quiet a few people come in the summer but winter we are the bare bones of 4 hopefully now 5.

Came home and nice roast lunch was going to do some gardening myself but gave it a miss and red and listened to the radio instead. Isn't it nice how lighter the evenings are getting.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-02-2024, 04:49 PM
Afternoon Kazz, glad you are ok.
Fingers crossed the new member ends up permanently.
Lunch sounds nice and a nice way to spend your day.
I am enjoying the lighter evenings waiting for the lighter mornings then things will hopefully start looking less depressing.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >