View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-11-2004, 04:30 PM
Oh why cann't dogs live as long as we do?
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2004, 04:30 PM
anne my hubby was saying just that the other day
Dreamon
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-11-2004, 04:32 PM
I know, it hurt so much when he died, I know you probably think I'm daft and so many people dont understand but we felt like we lost a child, and still greive for him now
Annestaff
Supervisor

19-11-2004, 04:35 PM
I am dreading when it comes to the day that I have to say goodbye to any of mine. I don't think I'd feel any worse if it was a chld also Dreamon.
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2004, 04:36 PM
Oh I understand totally Marie....

Bonnie, the black lab we had when I lived at home is still gravely missed by me.

She was pts in april 1997 and I have her collar and leash with me. I still miss her so much. And can still cry when I think about her.

She got to be 11 years old, and had a grand life..

But it sucks that they have to go... I really thought about that long and hard before I got Luna....
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2004, 04:36 PM
awww no i totally understand, when we lost our lab, it felt like a part of me died with her!

gizmo, looked fab!
Dreamon
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-11-2004, 04:41 PM
Awwwwwww thankyou all for understanding, I'm sitting here with eyes like golf balls and have got nothing done at all, the paint hasn't even been opened cos I've just sat here with Gizzy's collar and lead
Annestaff
Supervisor

19-11-2004, 04:46 PM
In the vets the other day I was chatting to a lady with a little grey whippet, the vet was caught in traffic so we talked for about an hour. Her poor beloved dog had kidney failure and she thought that this was her last day. She went in before me and when she came out I saw her dog lying flat on the table and she was stood clutching his lead and collar with tears rolling down her face.

It seemed the right thing todo to give her a quick hug and tell her how sorry I was. She told me she was crying because she didn't know how she was going to break the news to her other whippet as they had lived together for 14 years, tearie eyed I then went into see the vet.

I broke my heart all the way home thinking about this other whippet pineing and looking for his mate..........................infact I'm all choked up again and I only knew this dog and her owner for an hour.
Annestaff
Supervisor

19-11-2004, 04:49 PM
Try not to beat yourself up about it Dreamon you gave this little dog the best life ever and you'll see your little man again one day.

Look at me trying to comfort you I'm tearie for you now
Dreamon
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-11-2004, 04:52 PM
It's heart breaking isn't it, I dont think you ever get over it
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >