View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
KathyM
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-08-2004, 12:27 PM
I think its very interesting that not one person has answered the original question. Instead of getting into the argument, let's have a proper discussion on that very question:

i would be interested into an insight into why people still breed when there are so may animals suffering and in need out there already
doggygirl2003
Dogsey Junior

23-08-2004, 12:28 PM
no the whole point of my original post was to ask why people breed thats all i was interested into the reasons behind it more than anything but no one has give me an answer i backed my case up with stats etc but i will ask the question again to all those who choose to breed why ????
doggygirl2003
Dogsey Junior

23-08-2004, 12:29 PM
kathy you must have been writting as i typed but yes you are right no one has answered
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-08-2004, 12:30 PM
I agree Staffy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

23-08-2004, 12:43 PM
Originally Posted by KathyM
I think its very interesting that not one person has answered the original question. Instead of getting into the argument, let's have a proper discussion on that very question:

i would be interested into an insight into why people still breed when there are so may animals suffering and in need out there already
Tbh it's a bit of a silly question - WE ALL COULD ALL DO BETTER in so many things...

Why do you waste food when MILLIONS are STARVING in Africa?

Why do you WASTE WATER, when millions are dying of thirst all over the world?

WHY do you SUPPORT Goverments that BOMB thousands of innocent people?

Why do you leave the LIGHTS ON when its killing our OZONE Layer?

Why do you use aerosols and other items WHICH ARE POLLUTING our ENVIROMENT?

It's the same answer, because we are human and although we DO OUR BEST, sometimes our own 'wants' come first. Does this make us bad people? No more than those that do the above and that INCLUDES YOU.

If you were to ask me why I didnt get a rescue dog I'd tell you that I put my name down for a dog that needed a home but the rescue home told me that they would prefer the dog to go to a home without cats - as they didnt want to risk it. Nor did I. Were there other rescue dogs that would be ok with Cats? Off course! But they were'nt the type I wanted.

Nobody is saying that Rescue is Bad, however we are not all angels (and again that INCLUDES you) - just because YOU do rescue dont get on your high horse because the chances are WE MAY be doing other things that are just as important and applicable to our own Karmas.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2004, 12:45 PM
i did in my first reply .... but instead of reading that i have bred the odd litter to try to improve on the breed standard I was then posted on to your site ...then quoted that i have too much money which must cloud my judgememt??? was that a fair comment ???? did i not retain puppies here ???? mine have been small litters so where am i in it for the money ????? I am an active member of my breed club and have placed many dogs from rescue ...but i guess anything i say will get used an excuse to breed eh??? the reason it made me cross was because not all breeders are back yarders and if done right there is no money to be made ......
KathyM
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-08-2004, 12:50 PM
Azz - I'm not sure why you're being so rude and defensive. I only replied saying it was interesting that noone had replied to the original question. For the record, I have two rescue pedigree dogs. I am NOT against breeding when it is from the most excellent parents (health tested, show winning etc) and when new homes are properly vetted including homechecks. I never said I was. Now please refrain from turning the rescue owner and/or breeder/buyer into a "them and us" situation when it isnt so. It's obvious that is how you feel and that you have an issue with rescues, but I for one did not make it that way
KathyM
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-08-2004, 12:51 PM
Originally Posted by inca
i did in my first reply .... but instead of reading that i have bred the odd litter to try to improve on the breed standard I was then posted on to your site ...then quoted that i have too much money which must cloud my judgememt??? was that a fair comment ???? did i not retain puppies here ???? mine have been small litters so where am i in it for the money ????? I am an active member of my breed club and have placed many dogs from rescue ...but i guess anything i say will get used an excuse to breed eh??? the reason it made me cross was because not all breeders are back yarders and if done right there is no money to be made ......
I'm sorry Inca - but I did not post your message, nor is DogPages "my" site. And I quite agree that not all breeders are BYBs and puppy farms. I didnt say otherwise. The question was, what makes a person breed when a dog dies every minute in rescue.
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2004, 12:53 PM
It's all personal preference and no-one should be slated for doing what they believe is right.
KathyM
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-08-2004, 12:55 PM
I didnt say that. Lots of people do things they believe are right that turn out not to be. The question that was asked was what makes a breeder breed pups. I am not judging either way, I'm interested in the answers.
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 32 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 > Last »