Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2022, 10:32 PM
Excellent idea there Chris

Hmm I would chase up the alarm call out too do they not have a system in place where they check them I ask as they checked my Aunts on a regular basis as well as the call point in her flat i.e. she pressed the button and they would call her like a door intercom system they also used it for regular announcements like "Bingo" fire alarm being tested etc
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2022, 11:37 PM
That's the problem, Kazz. He's deaf so can't here them on the intercom but as they are 'in house' carers they should know that. Also, surely if someone doesn't answer, that's more reason to go check on them. They have keys for all the flats. Yes they do have a system to check the alarm calls or so they say. It will be interesting to find out what exactly happened and why
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2022, 07:15 AM
Surely there should also be a light flashing? I know when they fitted one for my husband to have it had a flashing light and speaker. Maybe all of them are different?
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2022, 08:37 AM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Surely there should also be a light flashing? I know when they fitted one for my husband to have it had a flashing light and speaker. Maybe all of them are different?
Exactly my Aunts one had flashing lights in the all the rooms when the intercom was on they only activated though when the fire alarm activated.

But if she pulled the alarm they called her if no answer they always came up and checked. She caused a bit of havoc at the start because she was used to a pull cord light in the bathroom but the bathroom light self activated on entry so there was no light pull and she pulled the light/alarm cord out of habit only couple of weeks though.

But the point being she was checked on normally hers was a error on her part or she was just feeling like pulling it ( as she wanted attention) I would ask to see the activation log her care home logged all cord activations. What view of this does your CCTV offer?
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2