Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2007, 02:55 PM
I've just got back from South Wales.

The weather was ok, a little bit of rain and they moved everyone inside though, Gracie would have shown perfectly in the rain IT wasnt at all muddy today but i'd advise some wellies for people going other days as if it rains, with all the people on the showground it could get mucky!! The car park is a bit of a worry too... Hope they've got a tractor to to people

In all i thought they did really well at such late notice to have everything set up and organised

And we didnt meet much traffic at all
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2007, 03:01 PM
Can I ask as there's not been a lot of it in the press. Can you give any details of the show layout. I know that ring numbers have stayed the same. Is the layout identical to the Usk plan or have there been changes.
What are they doing about the two carparks too regards what groups you are in or is it a free for all when you get there. Any info would be appreciated.
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2007, 03:36 PM
From what i could tell it was first come first served with the car parking, though i did arrive late.

As for the show layout, its not the same as USK but if you go to the catalogue tent the very helpful ladies in there will tell you where to go as they have a list of rings and benches
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2007, 03:41 PM
Did the rings run left to right with the benching marquees around them
Sorry to ask so many questions. Just think it would be beneficial to those going at the weekend especially regards parking as the two car parks are opposite ends of the showground. What ring number were you?
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2007, 04:03 PM
The rings were in the middle with the benches and wet eather rings in marquees around them. I was in the Best in Show ring for our stakes class, which like SCCA was in the centre of the showground and then we were also in the pug ring which i cant remember the number of, but the marquee was number 7!

It was a really well set out show though, i dont think anyone will have any problems. Not as big and impressive as some Champ shows but everything was signposted and, as i said, given the timescale i think the organisers did a great job
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2007, 04:04 PM
Oooh, and the car parking seemed to be on 3 sides of the showground I did arrive very late but there was no problem at all, plenty of parking space.
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2007, 09:46 AM
Thanks Jessicca for your posts. Spoken to a few people now and it seems they are trying to park everyone as near to their benching as poss and I at least know now where my ring is Thanks for your help.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2