Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-03-2013, 11:51 AM

Off to the vet at5 6pm with Dillon.

He has been being sick since the 11th couple of days with not being sick. We have been keeping a diary as we felt it was down to hormones and stress of a bitch around in season.
Have been giving him a bland home cooked diet but not worked then tried some chappie.
This morning he was up at 5.30 restless raging hormones (very randy) and eager to get out on his walk. Sick again this morning little while ago so we have now decided to go to the vet to get him checked out.
We had planned to get him neutered this month but an unexpected bill arrived which has taken the money we would of had for that job.
So hopefully its stress and in a week or so he will be over it and we will have the money to get him done very soon.
Mazza
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-03-2013, 12:12 PM
Poor boy and poor you having yet something else to worry about Will keep my fingers crossed that the cause is stress and hopefully all will be well with him once he is neutered. All my males have remained entire and I have never had hormonal problems with any but reading of his antics on the daily thread some days it shows how frustrating and difficult it is to cope with for both the dog and the owner. Good luck at the vets tonight.
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2013, 12:24 PM
God Lynn he is suffering with it isn't he! God love you.

Can you not work out some kind of payment scheme with the vet so he can be done ASAP and you can pay it off in instalments afterwards. Worth a shot!!

Did you see that new diffuser that was advertised during the adds on crufts. Just something else to try in the interim xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-03-2013, 12:33 PM
Originally Posted by brophy View Post
Poor boy and poor you having yet something else to worry about Will keep my fingers crossed that the cause is stress and hopefully all will be well with him once he is neutered. All my males have remained entire and I have never had hormonal problems with any but reading of his antics on the daily thread some days it shows how frustrating and difficult it is to cope with for both the dog and the owner. Good luck at the vets tonight.
Originally Posted by Berger View Post
God Lynn he is suffering with it isn't he! God love you.

Can you not work out some kind of payment scheme with the vet so he can be done ASAP and you can pay it off in instalments afterwards. Worth a shot!!

Did you see that new diffuser that was advertised during the adds on crufts. Just something else to try in the interim xx
Thanks both I think it must be stress because he is his usual bouncy self and wanting to play given the opportunity. May be worth asking about a payment arrangement if the vet thinks he needs doing asap if not if there is something he can be given. I am wondering if he may now consider the superlorin till we can get the money together to neuter.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2013, 12:41 PM
Sorry to hear that Lynn - good luck for 6pm; I hope the vet gets to the bottom of it.
xxx
Timber-
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-03-2013, 12:49 PM
I hope all goes well. Keep us posted.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2013, 12:51 PM
Lynn, it could just be the other way round, ie the randy behaviour being displacement behaviour when he's uncomfortable.

Well worth getting checked out regardless.

Good luck at the vets
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-03-2013, 01:00 PM
I will keep you all posted.
I put it down to stress and hormones as he had been fine up until the 11th just before that we had started having the early waking not wanting to wait to go for walks that all had calmed down excessive leg cuddling then on the 11th the sickness started once he has been sick he is back to his usual self. One day we had it morning and evening but it is usually once a day and we have had two days in between with no sickness at all.
Gorden has just arrived in with Michael after picking him up and Dillon is bouncing around nicking the cushions to instigate a game so in that respect it is hard to think he is seriously ill. I had debated leaving him a few more days to see if it all settled down but thought we will pop along and see the vet to put our minds at rest if nothing else.
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2013, 01:04 PM
Poor Dillon. & poor you. You have got your hands full with him lately haven't you.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2013, 01:05 PM
He certainly doesn't sound badly ill or anything Lynn if the little (big) devil is wanting to run about and play, so you are probably right that it is down to stress/hormonal/over excitement.
Hope all goes well at the vets tonight and I will look for an update when I get in from work.

One thing that has gone through my mind is he is not being sick when his tummy would be empty is he? As the cause of that could be excess acid.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »