Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2011, 10:14 AM

Nasty poo-something not right?

last night, asbo went to the toilet inside which he never ever does so i knew something was wrong. the poo was jelly like, and looked quite bloody, but i dont know if that was just the colouring of the mince he had eaten, as thats quite red too

he was ill last wednesday, so i starved him for the day, then put him on cooked chicken for a couple of days. he was fine after that. and the whole time after being sick he wanted his food, wasnt put off it in the slightest.
hes been fine all week, still eating, looking forward to meal times, still going out on walks, and being is usual bouncy self.
he threw up a bit of bile the other day, but didnt think anything of it, because he had just eaten some grass, and this was after he had been a bit ill.
from then until last night hes been fine. thought i wouldnt feed him again today just to be on the safe side, which he is not happy about, because he saw the food bowls and clearly wanted his food.

just a bit worried because the poo was really not nice, but in every other way he is fine and himself.

what could it be do you think?
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2011, 06:45 PM
could just be a little bout of colitis?

Maybe feed him bland food in small amounts, plenty water and see how he is tomorrow.

My dog has had this before and I found a little slippery elm bark powder in his food helped.

If you are very concerned then you could always make an appointment at the vets to be on the safe side.

some swear by feeding a little natural bio-yoghurt too
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2011, 06:46 PM
Anything so maybe a trip to the vet with a stool sample might be a good idea?
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2011, 06:56 PM
think i will go to the vets. will see what he is like tomorrow, when ive added some food, and will see what he is like. if there is no improvement we will be off to the vets.
Fred&Mya'smum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2011, 07:18 AM
I was thinking colitis too, hope he's ok xx
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-08-2011, 07:21 AM
How is he today?
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2011, 08:59 AM
pleased to report, there was no dodgy looking poo yesterday (he only did one small one though with not eating)

and hes wolfed his breakfast down this morning so will see what hes like the rest of the day and report back.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2011, 05:34 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
pleased to report, there was no dodgy looking poo yesterday (he only did one small one though with not eating)

and hes wolfed his breakfast down this morning so will see what hes like the rest of the day and report back.

As they say in the trade "no pictures please"
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2011, 05:37 PM
glad to hear it
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2011, 06:54 AM
he is now completely back to normal and is fine, eating fine, and what is coming out the other end is fine
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >