Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2007, 05:50 PM

Never again will I complain re. the youth of today

Because the elderly are just as bad!

We've had a right good old barny this evening. Whilst walking Takara in a park with a lady who has two labrador puppies. Takara ran onto the offset bowling green.
Despite there being a 'very important' tournament going on they had failed to close the gates. Sorry but in a popular dog walking destination if it was that important they'd have shut the gates

Anyhoo, Takara ran back as soon as she realised it wasn't free to just bomb around on the green (not that I allow that of course) but the lab puppies ran on too (owner reassured me this was not Takara's influence but I'm not so sure!

She apologised and ran to get them but saw red when one of the elderly 'gentleman' went to kick one of the pups. He called her a 'stupid bitch' and told her to get them on a lead, to which she said it wouldn't have happened if the gates were closed.
I felt for her, I really did, there were so many people and they were all shouting at her.

She was informed 'they should be on leads' to which I enquired about the sign that stated that because I hadn't seen one and very few dogs are walked onlead in that area.

Bear in mind, at this point that the main field where people run their dogs was full of cars belonging to those in the tournament! It's a field - not a carpark!

Once I'd got Takara on a lead I managed to stick up for my dog walking buddy and to be honest, it felt good to have a long awaited argument but it should never have been an issue a simple 'we've got a tournament going on, can you remove your dogs' would've been sufficient but to kick any dog let alone a puppy is disgusting and the language the man came out with as well as the most ridiculous statement of all: 'what's the matter? Can't you afford a dog lead' - I mean, come on! That was pathetic even in the playground!

So you can complain all you like about the youth of today but the elderly are no better! I can understand they didn't want dogs disturbing them but to kick a dog for their own foolishness in not closing the gate is absurd!
elmac13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2007, 05:56 PM
That is unforgiveable. I could not agree more and I hope you gave him a good telling off. I bet you quite enjoyed it too! I used to have a good old barney every now and then with the pensioners on the public golf course I used to walk around. You can imagine the kind of thing Sam did! Let's just say we were never short of golf balls! If one of them had tried to kick him the air would have been blue. Hope that wee pup is ok.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-08-2007, 05:57 PM
You did well to stay so calm, If I had seen him go to kick a pup I would have shoved his bowling ball where the sun dont shine.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2007, 06:01 PM
I'd have let Maddy back offlead to ruin the game.

NO NO, JUST KIDDING!

Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2007, 06:18 PM
Kel, I sooo wanted to but was concerned he'd kick T!

It's quite liberating to tell an elderly lady to 'shut up you daft old bat'

I must admit I was really, really tempted to drive down and park my car in the middle of the bowling green Afterall, if they can park on our field...
However, I quite like walking there and didn't want to be banned!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2007, 06:28 PM
I'd have walked over and kicked the miserable old goat right in the....shins!
Good on ya for sticking up for yourself and the other lady with the pups.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2007, 06:55 PM
Trying to kick and shouting abustive foul language is an appalling way to behave, he should be ashamed of himself. He was no doubt basking in the glow of having an audience - pathetic little man
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2007, 06:56 PM
Originally Posted by Lottie View Post
Kel, I sooo wanted to but was concerned he'd kick T!
Maddy would have taken his leg off if he'd have tried it the evil old sod.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2007, 07:49 PM
Originally Posted by Anne-Marie View Post
Trying to kick and shouting abustive foul language is an appalling way to behave, he should be ashamed of himself. He was no doubt basking in the glow of having an audience - pathetic little man
I agree entirely there was just no need. I'll be complaining to the park keepers as well - they're quite happy with dogs being on the park but very rarely is there an altercation between dog owners - but the bowles players are so up themselves!
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2007, 07:55 PM
I would have punched him. I did that to the bloke who kicked my Winston halfway across the pavement!
Becky
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >