View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-06-2007, 11:03 PM
our vets run blood donor scheme. i think they get donations from rescue centers.
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2007, 11:07 PM
Originally Posted by nero View Post
our vets run blood donor scheme. i think they get donations from rescue centers.
we do aswell, but I don't think all practices do. We get our donations from pets, whose owners want them to become donors. All potential donors are blood tested and typed. We also keep record cards of all the donors to monitor how well they cope each time they give blood, and they all receive a general health profile blood test once a year. Thankfully we rarely have to use them.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-06-2007, 06:25 AM
Sorry have no idea re:blood question,but hope Fimble makes a quick recovery.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2007, 06:33 AM
Poor Fimble. Hope he goes on to make a full recovery xox
jumbosdad
Dogsey Junior
Male 

14-06-2007, 02:05 PM
Fimbs made it through the night but he is still poorly , he has about 3 litres or so of blood in his body so he lost about half his circulatory volume. We did think about transfusion but with the amount he needed it would have had to be an elephant! apparently vets are not allowed by law to keep blood so any donors would have had to be called in. Anyway he is still an inpatient and a bad one at that, he is a rescue dog and is very very nervous of men. He has pulled out his drip as well. but he is a fighter and a very fit dog so thats all in his favour. If we hadnt seen him collapse and acted so fast then this would be a rainbow bridge post!
Thanks for all your thoughts, he is not out of the woods yet. its going to be a long and slow road we think
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2007, 02:09 PM
Awww bless his little cottons! Really hope he makes a good recovery what a little fighter he is!
If he has pulled his drip out he's probably feeling a little brighter. Well done you for acting so quickly though! Sounds like you saved his life with your quick thinking.

Sending lots of healing hugs and thoughts to Fimble and praying he gets better soon! xxxxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-06-2007, 02:15 PM
Glad to hear Fimble is still fighting sounds like it will be a slow recovery but at least he is holding his own.
jumbosdad
Dogsey Junior
Male 

14-06-2007, 02:17 PM
think he pulled it out 'cos he can be a cantankerous old s*d sometimes like his owner. Apparently he has growled at all the vets so far. anyway 'phoning in a while to see if his bloodtests have improved and possibly a quick visit to see him and the vet as well.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2007, 02:31 PM
I'm so pleased he made it through the night, sounds to me like he is a fighter so, fingers crossed he will be ok.

I do hope he's well enough for you to visit, it will probably do you both the world of good, him to know you've not left him for good and you to know he's on the mend.

If you get to see him please give him a gentle get well soon hug from me and the gang x
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2007, 02:44 PM
Give him a hug from me too!!!

I hope he makes a speedy recovery as soon as possible!!!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >