View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2007, 08:23 PM
Nothing wrong with being worried Phil. No offence was meant honey. Some dogs cope better than others, that's all
gypsygirl
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-06-2007, 02:42 AM
Maybe she is being too active and it is causing her pain. I kept mine very quiet for the first 3 days and by day 4 you would never known she had has surgery.
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2007, 06:35 AM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
I understand its major surgery, but having had dogs have simmilar surgery and much worse surgery and there was never a peep. The neighbours dog was also spayed 3 weeks ago and was not a peep either. So forgive me for being a bit worried because she has cried for the last 14hrs.

I would be worried too, it's understandable. The possible reason the other dogs didn't show much pain reaction could be that, as pack animals, they instinctively don't show they are in any way "weak" as they need to be a working part of their group. Mother nature can be tough and so sometimes weaker animals suffer (although not always, I remember the most amazing docu. of the African cape hunting dogs, one of whom was injured with a broken leg, and whose family group kept him safe by protecting him, months after he was still being cared for).

Wys
x
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3