View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2007, 10:50 AM
One of my bitches was really moany after being spayed, 24 hours later she went down a fox earth
Becky
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2007, 10:51 AM
Oh poor Skye, the only advise I have is very much the same as the others, if you're worried phone the vets, just wanted to pass on big, but gentle ((HUGS)) to Skye.
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-06-2007, 11:03 AM
Star was very clingy and cried a lot after she was spayed especially when you looked at her. Made us feel really guilty about putting her through the op.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-06-2007, 11:26 AM
Originally Posted by Carole View Post
Star was very clingy and cried a lot after she was spayed especially when you looked at her. Made us feel really guilty about putting her through the op.
That seems to be what skye is doing, I feel horrible seeing her like this, however i did just catch her up at the worktops pawing foor off to star below

Anyway I have booked her in to the vets later this afternoon just to be on the safe side
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2007, 12:30 PM
bless her, it may also be for attention...i would get her checked just incase, they may just change painkillers or up her dose for a few days...

Big soft hug for you both!!!

Alex
xx
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-06-2007, 06:11 PM
Thanks everyone for the advice.
She has been to the vets and was given a injection of a stronger painkiller, The vet said they can be like that for a day or two after and its best to go if we were worried, apart from that she is doing ok and is quite lively.
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2007, 06:59 PM
Glad she is ok and you got her checked out just incase.
Hopefully she will be better tomorrow.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2007, 07:31 PM
Aww...bless her, hope she feels better soon. xx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2007, 08:12 PM
It's major surgery - the equivalent to a hysterectomy in us wimmin - so expect her to be in some discomfort for a little while. Mya was crying overnight and I felt soooo guilty. However, 48 hours later she was right as ninepence. Amazing recovery rate. It took me 6 weeks
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-06-2007, 08:22 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
It's major surgery - the equivalent to a hysterectomy in us wimmin - so expect her to be in some discomfort for a little while. Mya was crying overnight and I felt soooo guilty. However, 48 hours later she was right as ninepence. Amazing recovery rate. It took me 6 weeks
I understand its major surgery, but having had dogs have simmilar surgery and much worse surgery and there was never a peep. The neighbours dog was also spayed 3 weeks ago and was not a peep either. So forgive me for being a bit worried because she has cried for the last 14hrs.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >