Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
borzoimom
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-06-2007, 01:08 PM

Foods available by country

Since we live in different places, I thought if people listed the country- and what foods ( preferably the good ones only) are available in that area. That way, if we get a poster we can offer ideas for them to research etc.

I will start it off- here in the US, the good foods usually readily available are : Solid Gold, Wolf King, Merrick, Eagle, Candaia, Enova, Chicken lovers soup for dogs, ( Bil Jac for dogs needed a highly digestable food).
There are probably a few more- but I need my second cup of coffee.. lol.
x_rose_x
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-06-2007, 04:17 PM
These are most of the 'good' ones

Dry:
James Wellbeloved
Arden Grange
CSJ (need to order from their site)
Burns
Dr Johns(rose did good on this and i know people who feed it whos dogs do great on it)
Eukanuba(not everyone thinks this is that good a food, but its what my 2 are on just now and they both love it and are doing great on it)

thats all i can think of just now

Wet:
NatureDiet
Chappie(believe this is good for dogs who need an easily digestable food or quite a bland food... might be the same thing lol)

dont know if the following are really that good or not, as i only know the basics of dog nutrition, but in the past i have fed my dogs the following wet foods, pedigree, winalot, butchers and ceaser and they have all done good on them.

Will look some more and see if there is anymore
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-06-2007, 05:00 PM
A few others available in the UK

Autarky
Healthy Paws - a new holistic food
Nutro Choice - although I can't seem to find a stockist in Scotland for this one.
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2007, 06:49 PM
I'll try not to double up on anything already listed and I don't know if there any good, if price is anything to go by, some are FAR better than others

Complete dry

Wainwrights
Proplan
Beta
Hills
Iams

Wet

Hilife
Naturesmenu
-GreyhoundGirl-
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-06-2007, 06:51 PM
Originally Posted by borzoimom View Post
Chicken lovers soup for dogs,
Don't mean to be picky... but it's chicken soup for the dog lover's soul.. lol They couldn't have made it much longer, eh?

We have about the same foods in canada as the US...:smt001
Jockmcsporran
Dogsey Junior
Male 

11-06-2007, 06:59 PM
hi carole,nutros number is 01494 775222. if you ask for any agents or stockists in scotland they will give you a list . thier site is www.nutro.co.uk just check to make sure that is the same nutro b4 i send you on a wild goose chase
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2007, 02:33 PM
Royal Canine, made in France but available in other parts of Europe including UK is what I feed.
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-06-2007, 02:37 PM
Originally Posted by Jockmcsporran View Post
hi carole,nutros number is 01494 775222. if you ask for any agents or stockists in scotland they will give you a list . thier site is www.nutro.co.uk just check to make sure that is the same nutro b4 i send you on a wild goose chase
Thanks that is the same Nutro. Redcastles distribute in Scotland but minimum order is £35 I think.
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

12-06-2007, 02:48 PM
Burgess Supadog Well being -Early Days. Kind and Sensitive, Young at Heart and Great Life
www.burgesssupafeeds.co.uk