View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2007, 04:41 PM
Glad she's ok Lottie and the vets have eased your mind that it's not too much to worry about.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2007, 06:31 PM
Hi lottie,
Not sure how old your girl is or when her season is due, but just wanted to say I had this with one of my girls I had spayed at 6 months. I took her back to the vets very worried and he explained it was because when they opened her up to spay her she was just about to start a season.
So it was just to do with that and nothing to worry about. She stopped after a few days and the rest of her recovery was fine.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2007, 07:41 PM
Hi madmare,

She's nearly two and I was concerned she may be due in season (she got dally rash but shouldn't have been due for a couple of months).

When I took her back to the vet, he said it was a very routine spay and no signs at all of her coming into season - that was one of the first things he thought of.

Very odd...
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2007, 07:43 PM
Poor you Lottie - what a fright. Bongo had a bit of bloody poo the day after her spay. I called the vet even though I thought it was probably colitis, and had total hysterics when they said "How quickly can you get her here?" It was colitis after all, but I know they were right to be extra careful. Hope your girl is feeling a bit better now.

Tell your dad that when humans have the equivalent op they are prescribed TOTAL bed rest for 6 WEEKS afterwards. Garden-pees-on-lead are plenty of exercise for the next week or two!!!
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2007, 06:27 PM
How is the little lady today hun?
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2007, 10:52 PM
How is little Takara doing now? been thinking about her today.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3