View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2007, 09:39 AM
Hope all was well at the vets. Big hugs flying your way.
Kristina
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2007, 10:12 AM
hope its nothing to worry about Lottie. Let us know what the vet says x
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2007, 10:32 AM
Thanks guys,

The vet was a bit puzzled as I got the impression he may have expected this had it been a slightly more complicated spay but he did say that Takara's was so easy he didn't expect it to happen.

He's given us some antibiotics just for three days and I have to go back on Tuesday for a follow up.

Thanks all
Muddiwarx
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2007, 10:45 AM
Hugs to Takara
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2007, 10:56 AM
Thanks for letting us know, at least you can rest easy knowing that it isn't anything to worry about, once the AB's get into her system that will stop any infection that may be starting up.

With hindsight one of my girls was speyed when she had a mammary strip and she was put onto ABs immediately, and Remy had a suspect lump on one of her glands when she was speyed, she was also on ABs immediately. Maybe my vet does that as a matter of course, I don't know

Anyway, you must be relieved, big hugs all round.

Sheree x
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2007, 11:16 AM
Thanks guys

Am very relieved! But the poor thing is terrified of going to the vets now! And it took me another 5 minutes to coax her out of the car crate!

She doesn't blame the vet, he took her temperature and she was incredibly unhappy but even while she was struggling and he put his hand near her face, she never once tried to mouthe. Me on the other hand - well she blames me for everything!
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2007, 11:53 AM
She loves you really lottie. as soon as those treats come out all will be forgiven...Glad it`s nothing too serious.
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2007, 11:55 AM
glad she is ok,hugs for takara xx
labmum
New Member!
Female 

09-06-2007, 04:32 PM
I had my little girl spayed last monday, thought i was being realy good at not letting her do too much, then this morning i noticed her stitches were bleeding and her tummy was a little swollen! took her down to the surgery and he has given her a course of antibiotics and some mild sedatives so she doesn't want to run around. I was so worried when i saw the blood. Anyway this means that her stitches will have to wait longer to come out, which is miserable for her, so please, please dont let your dog do anything too much, i would hate for anyone else to go through this. Good luck
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2007, 04:35 PM
hi labmum,

So sorry to hear about your little girl...hope she's soon better.

My dad's been trying to persuade me that she's fine to go out for short walks despite the vet saying keep her in. He reckons it's just to cover themselves - I told him that this is not the case and that I point blank refuse to take her out (other than for her business) but at least now I have a real case to refer to in order to prove it to him!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >