View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
JR Lady
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-06-2007, 03:56 AM
They do sometimes smell sweaty, which is to be expected since they sweat thru their paws.

Bathing their paws in salty water keeps them fresh and healthy
Harry25
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-06-2007, 07:29 AM
Poppy's pads are pink. Sometimes her feet smell a bit sweating if it's hot, I suppose they sweat the same as human feet.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2007, 09:02 AM
I think all dogs have smelly feet! Marius has smelly feet when he has been out for exercise then shut in a room to sleep, they do whiff a bit after that lol
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2007, 01:41 AM
My Mam alerted me to the smell of a dogs feet as a child and I have to say I'm one of those sad people that smells my dogs feet all the time - cos they smell nice!

Except Pickles'! Pickles is one of those unique (or weird?!?!) dogs that just smells like he's been left in a cupboard for years on end. He just smells foisty all over!

But yes, a dogs feet do smell, but certainly not bad!

Oh and just for the record Isla's feet are black and pink as she's black and white in colour and Pickles' are black, even though he's yellowish in colour?!
MazY
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-06-2007, 09:18 AM
Yes they do. But more worrying is that my partner loves the smell and can sometimes be found with a dog paw under her nose, "getting a fix"...

I've tried wafting my feet around, but alas, they don't seem to have the same effect on her.
maebme
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2007, 10:51 AM
Originally Posted by GSDLover View Post
Yes they do. But more worrying is that my partner loves the smell and can sometimes be found with a dog paw under her nose, "getting a fix"...

I've tried wafting my feet around, but alas, they don't seem to have the same effect on her.

Oscar's feet smell nice. His pads are pink but some have little black pigments.
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4