Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
leospride
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-06-2007, 08:04 AM
Originally Posted by CLMG View Post
I have this mental image of everyone on dogsey getting down on the floor and smelling their dogs feet, 1, 2, 3, altogether now, sniff:smt043 :smt043 :smt081 :smt081
Me too :smt043
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2007, 08:42 AM
phew!!!!

Yep Edam Cheese.
Meganrose
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2007, 10:59 AM
Well I can honestly say that's a question I've never been asked before and yes they sometimes have a slight smell when they are hot and have been sweating but normally just nice clean smell..oh and they all have black pigmented pads.

Am I asking for trouble if I ask why you want to know this ?
springergirl
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-06-2007, 11:34 AM
my dogs feet smell sort of grassy! its a lovely smell though. they have both got nearly black pads. think someone mentioned about dogs sweating through their pads, this is also a good way to see if the dog is stressed too!
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2007, 12:21 PM
Originally Posted by janie View Post
sometimes they smell like doritos
Gaspode
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-06-2007, 06:54 PM
Gosh, I started something here Everyone is on the floor smelling their dogs feet

Ok, so here's why I was asking. My friend has a small terrier crossbreed with jet black pads and she has always worried that his feet smell "really cheesy". I told her, "they sweat through their feet, it's normal that they smell a bit" but she insisted that his were really bad and was worried that something was wrong.

My dogs have multi coloured paws and all they smell of is widdle (if they've walked in it) or just usual nice doggy feet smell!!

Anyway, out of the blue another friend said her two Westies (with jet black paws) had really stinky feet. Out of curiosity I asked her to describe the smell and she said "Gorgonzola"!

So, I wonderd if dogs with black paws have smelly cheesy feet (more so than other coloured pads) or whether this is a terrier thing.
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2007, 07:28 PM
Originally Posted by nero View Post
that's whe they scratch the ground furiously when they have a dump, or a wee. they're leaving their scent marks on the ground.
you learn something new everyday!!!
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2007, 07:46 PM
I forgot to say that Jacks pads are all pink - aarrgghh - all bar 2 of the small pads on his front left, which are black, and just a faint smell of him really, cant believe I've smelled all his feet, neither can he, you should have seen the look on his face! :smt017
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2007, 07:32 PM
hello
i love the smell of our dogs feet ,they smell worm and just lovely faint doggie smell ,but a lovely smell .i love giving them acuddle and smelling there feet lol not like humans feet
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2007, 07:48 PM
Ok now Max thinks I've gone completely insane! And I hate to admit that he may be right

Max's feet have got sort of a sweet warm smell to them, he has black pads apart from 2 little cute pink spots on 1 of his front paws
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >