View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2007, 08:56 PM
I had a spray but don't have one anymore ... just the cream.

I'll try the cream and we've just got some more germoline (I went to use the last tube and it went out of date 20 years ago ) so may give that a try! Thanks
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2007, 08:58 PM
Just had a thought. The spray would stain your dals yellow so the cream would definately be better anyway....sudocrem is a good one too.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2007, 09:42 PM
haha! oh yeah Fudgeley!

I did buy a skin cream especially for her but got it home to find it was brown...

It was fiddly to apply because it was so thick and it just looked like she'd rolled in poo!

Well she has been rubbing her head on the rug this evening so I applied some before bed and she loved it! She doesn't usually like holding still and doesn't like the top of her head being rubbed anyway, but she loved having the cream on- I assume it must soothe the itch...

She's so lovely, my lumpy, itchy baby!
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2007, 09:52 PM
glad she enjoyed her cranial massage!!!
Meganrose
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2007, 04:04 PM
Sorry I missed this Lottie, I've been a little preoccupied lately. I hope It's working okay. As you will no doubt know by now Savlon should be fine but dettol and TCP should always be avoided because of the phenol in it (any disinfectant that turns cloudy in water has phenol in it). Phenol is toxic in certain quantities and extremely toxic to cats.
JR Lady
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-06-2007, 03:50 AM
My vet recommends using Savlon to soothe and to heal and well diluted TCP to clean and disinfect. I also use Germoline.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2