View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2007, 10:02 AM
Oh no, not again. Poor Loki. At least she's eating and drinking though, that's good.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

03-06-2007, 11:04 AM
Originally Posted by Mummy2Max View Post
So sorry to hear that Loki took another fit really hope that she is ok tonight, for her sake and yours!

Lots of hugs to you and Loki, and Max sends his sloppiest licks!!
Many thanks M2M Loki had a fit free night and up at the crack of dawn wanting to play with her ball - 5 am this morning! I am hoping that she has stopped. I dozed on and off but kept checking on her!

I took her out for a walk just now and she seemed fine, although still a wee bit subdued - no pulling on her leash! Got soaked - it is raining. I gave her a blow dry when we got back - she loves being dried with the hair dryer!

Again, many thanks for your wishes and thanks to Max for his sloppiest licks

Take care and hugs from Loki and cuddles to Max from me
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

03-06-2007, 11:06 AM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
Oh no, not again. Poor Loki. At least she's eating and drinking though, that's good.
Thank you for your wishes, W-N Loki had a fit free night and I am hoping they have passed by for now!

She is much brighter looking today - hope it continues!

I take her to the Vet tomorrow - I want to ask about all the medication she is on!

Again, many thanks.

Best wishes from Loki - and me too
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2007, 11:15 AM
Glad Loki is better today, goodluck at the vets tomorrow.
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2007, 04:59 PM
Glad to read Loki has not had any more fits and she is feeling a bit better. I hope she continues to improve and good luck for the vets tomorrow.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

04-06-2007, 07:17 PM
Originally Posted by Toby View Post
Glad to read Loki has not had any more fits and she is feeling a bit better. I hope she continues to improve and good luck for the vets tomorrow.
Hello Toby No fits either last night - although I never slept much because of listening (and watching) her, Loki slept right thru' until 5 am this mornng Then wanted to play with her ball!

I took her to the vet who weighed her - she is 26 kg. I asked why because Loki isn't the best eater in the world and he said the tablets contribute to it!

He took a blood sample and I will get the results (hopefully) at the end of the week. She was great, lay down and never moved a muscle whilst he was taking the blood!

Coming back up the drives, a chap was just turning into the drive I was in - just at the corner. I never saw his dog until it was round the corner - what a size, not sure what it was, looked like a boxer but much bigger - a real beauty. Loki wanted to be friendly but I wasn't so sure. The chap said the dog was OK - wrong!! It lunged at Loki, who moved behind me and the dog jumped on me knocking me onto the road on my back - I cracked my skull on the road - and I saw stars! I released Loki's lead at the same time in case the dog did get to her.

What got me - the guy hurried away with his dog and it was 2 young men who had stopped their cars and a young woman also who stopped hers, who hellped me up - I hadn't even noticed my specs had been knocked off! I had been asked for Loki and the woman had her lead. I was amazed and the woman said she had seen what had happened as she had stopped to let a bus pass, and Loki had stood at my back as though protecting me! She never moved either until I got up and took the lead - she licked my hand!

The young men and woman couldn't believe that the chap with the dog was way down the drive! Oh, I was winded - not to mention, embarrassed! I saw stars as well! I was offered a lift from all of the "helpers" but being independent, I thanked them but said I would walk up the road as it would clear my head!

When I got up here, I took 2 Paracetamols. I also took an Askit powder just now! My head isn't so fuzzy now and the pain in the back of my shoulders has eased off! Discovered too my left elbow is all skint! grrrrrrr - if I could get a hold of that idiot - the guy, not the poor dog - I would skin him alive! He had absolutely no control over the dog - and the lead he was using was totally inadequate - a thin red long lead! Not at all suitable for a dog of that size! It was a really handsome large dog - but not for the likes of him!

Sorry this is so long - but thought you would like a laugh with me! I am laughing now as it must have looked so funny! At the time I wasn't laughing! Nearer to tears! The crack I gave my head was loud! Ach, I must have a hard skull

Many thanks for your message and hope you and my special friend, Toby, are hail and hearty

The vet will call me at the end of the week with the result of the blood test. He wasn't sure if he would increase her tablets - or, he may decrease!

Take care.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2007, 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by Brandykins View Post
Hello Toby No fits either last night - although I never slept much because of listening (and watching) her, Loki slept right thru' until 5 am this mornng Then wanted to play with her ball!

I took her to the vet who weighed her - she is 26 kg. I asked why because Loki isn't the best eater in the world and he said the tablets contribute to it!

He took a blood sample and I will get the results (hopefully) at the end of the week. She was great, lay down and never moved a muscle whilst he was taking the blood!

Coming back up the drives, a chap was just turning into the drive I was in - just at the corner. I never saw his dog until it was round the corner - what a size, not sure what it was, looked like a boxer but much bigger - a real beauty. Loki wanted to be friendly but I wasn't so sure. The chap said the dog was OK - wrong!! It lunged at Loki, who moved behind me and the dog jumped on me knocking me onto the road on my back - I cracked my skull on the road - and I saw stars! I released Loki's lead at the same time in case the dog did get to her.

What got me - the guy hurried away with his dog and it was 2 young men who had stopped their cars and a young woman also who stopped hers, who hellped me up - I hadn't even noticed my specs had been knocked off! I had been asked for Loki and the woman had her lead. I was amazed and the woman said she had seen what had happened as she had stopped to let a bus pass, and Loki had stood at my back as though protecting me! She never moved either until I got up and took the lead - she licked my hand!

The young men and woman couldn't believe that the chap with the dog was way down the drive! Oh, I was winded - not to mention, embarrassed! I saw stars as well! I was offered a lift from all of the "helpers" but being independent, I thanked them but said I would walk up the road as it would clear my head!

When I got up here, I took 2 Paracetamols. I also took an Askit powder just now! My head isn't so fuzzy now and the pain in the back of my shoulders has eased off! Discovered too my left elbow is all skint! grrrrrrr - if I could get a hold of that idiot - the guy, not the poor dog - I would skin him alive! He had absolutely no control over the dog - and the lead he was using was totally inadequate - a thin red long lead! Not at all suitable for a dog of that size! It was a really handsome large dog - but not for the likes of him!

Sorry this is so long - but thought you would like a laugh with me! I am laughing now as it must have looked so funny! At the time I wasn't laughing! Nearer to tears! The crack I gave my head was loud! Ach, I must have a hard skull

Many thanks for your message and hope you and my special friend, Toby, are hail and hearty

The vet will call me at the end of the week with the result of the blood test. He wasn't sure if he would increase her tablets - or, he may decrease!

Take care.
Jeeso, Brandykins, you have been in the wars! Hope you're ok and aren't concussed!

Glad Loki didn't take anymore fits last night, that has got to be a good sign. Hope the test results bring good news. Good luck.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

04-06-2007, 08:03 PM
Hello WN I hope that is the fits over for another while! She is out for the count in the bathroom! She loves the coolness of the tiles under her

My head, at the moment, is throbbing! The chap should never have been in charge of any dog, far less that one.

I will know him again and have asked the local young lads if they know him - they said they will find out. I may report him! He should never have been in charge of such a large dog.

Many thanks for your kind response

Take care.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2007, 08:12 PM
Originally Posted by Brandykins View Post
Hello WN I hope that is the fits over for another while! She is out for the count in the bathroom! She loves the coolness of the tiles under her

My head, at the moment, is throbbing! The chap should never have been in charge of any dog, far less that one.

I will know him again and have asked the local young lads if they know him - they said they will find out. I may report him! He should never have been in charge of such a large dog.

Many thanks for your kind response

Take care.
I'm not surprised your head is throbbing! It sounded like a nasty fall. Just be carefull and look out for signs of concussion.

The man with the dog acted totally irresponsibly as a dog owner and perhaps needs a warning!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2007, 08:20 PM
What a flaming idiot and not to stay to help you up as well as apologise. What a complete moron. Hope you and Loki are feeling better soon. xx
Page 5 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 >