View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2007, 08:47 PM
Thanks for the replies everyone. I think the suggestion of a list is a good idea and have made a sort of mental one. The thing Woody has always liked is being active and getting out and about - bitterly ironic considering he can't do that like he could/would like.

But he's happy for the time being and he'll thouroughly enjoy the hydrotherapy. If there's one thing Woody loves in life it's water!!!!
JR Lady
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-06-2007, 04:47 AM
I do feel for you so much...Woody seems to still have a good quality of life even tho he is no longer able to lead the active one he once did. He is loving the hydrotherapy and hopefully the new medication is helping with pain. I nursed one of my beloved dogs for eight years with love and devotion and lots of TLC. The look in his eyes told me when it was time to let him go. That look was like no other and I feel sure that Woody will let you know when that time has come for him.

Sadlly both my beloved JR's went peacefully to sleep for the last time in my arms last year. Monty in January and Bengi just before Christmas. The hardest thing I have ever had to do but it is one last thing that we can do for our dearest friends so that they no longer suffer when all quality of life has gone for them.

From what you say, Woody is still doing all the things he usually does, if perhaps a little more slowly. Enjoy every precious moment you can with him.

xx
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2007, 10:38 PM
Originally Posted by JR Lady View Post
I do feel for you so much...Woody seems to still have a good quality of life even tho he is no longer able to lead the active one he once did. He is loving the hydrotherapy and hopefully the new medication is helping with pain. I nursed one of my beloved dogs for eight years with love and devotion and lots of TLC. The look in his eyes told me when it was time to let him go. That look was like no other and I feel sure that Woody will let you know when that time has come for him.

Sadlly both my beloved JR's went peacefully to sleep for the last time in my arms last year. Monty in January and Bengi just before Christmas. The hardest thing I have ever had to do but it is one last thing that we can do for our dearest friends so that they no longer suffer when all quality of life has gone for them.

From what you say, Woody is still doing all the things he usually does, if perhaps a little more slowly. Enjoy every precious moment you can with him.

xx
Thank you so much for the reply, but I'm sad to say Woody passed away last Wednesday 6/6/07. It was a very hard decision to make, but I'm satisfied now that we made the right decision, doesn't help much on the days I really need him though. I know how you feel.

Here are the threads posted following his passing and I thank you for taking the time to reply to this thread.

Woody has Gone to the Bridge

Woody's Last Outing
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5