Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2016, 05:54 AM

Daily Thread, Wednesday, May 18

Good morning everyone. Bit overcast at the moment think we are in for a wet day today, must get Amber out early before it starts.

1cd, that's tremendous that bridge, it must be lovely to watch it progress.

June so sorry you are having problems with Windows 10. I have something on this pc which will not allow Windows 10 to download which it would appear to be a bonus.

Griff hope your back is better today and little Dex too.

LG nice to see you all be it late last night, hope you are not overdoing things. I guess Mem will see to that.

Nippy Jen, Norma, Lynn, Mandy, Harvey, Brenda and Co, hope you are all ok today. take care. Stay warm and Dry and above all safe and well, God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-05-2016, 07:13 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.
Hope you get out with Amber before the rain Moyra.
June that sounds a nightmare about windows 10 hope son can sort it for you.
Loved the pictures of the bridge 1cd.
Hope today is less busy LG.
Hope Dex and your back are feeling better today griff.

Had a nice lunch out with Beth yesterday we had a cheeky glass of white wine with our lunch.
Today waiting for the car to be towed to the garage. Hoping it can be fixed within budget because if not goodness knows how we can get it back. Towing it off the drive with no power steering was challenging enough. 7 miles away and busy roundabout to contend with I really do not want to think about it.
Will probably have to pay for a low loader.

Hope everyone is well and all four legged friends too.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2016, 07:34 AM
Just lost my post that I have just tried to send. So here is another one. Morning all. 1cute dog those pics are amazing. I agree the world has gone mad. Now they are saying you can't throw mortar boards at the end of graduating and I also heard that a chap when he gets out of his car to get into his lorry to go to work has to wear his hard hat from his car to his lorry which is only a few feet away. Amazing. This morning when walking Tyto I nearly got mowed down again by two cyclists and the look they gave me said I shouldn't have been there. Mutter mutter. I am getting to be a moaner. Is it my age or because I am worried that my dog will get hurt by being mowed down on the pavement which is where he should be? Lynn nothing cheeky about a glass, you should have had a bottle cheaper that way.
Have a great day. Now pressing the quick button.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2016, 08:50 AM
Morning all
Moyra, hope you got out with Amber before the rain
Lynn, i really hope they fetch your car today and get it mended doubly cheap and they get it back to you sharply
Brenda, you are quite right to be annoyed...i don't mind people riding on the footpath at all provided they are respectful of others around them (if i could ride a bike that is where i would be as i would be terrified on the road), after all, the clue is in the name "footpath"
Had a letter come yesterday to call and book for my urologist, i was somewhat taken aback as the fella said last time he would see me in 12 months, it isn't even 6 months.......anyway, i called the appointment line and i go next thursday!!!!
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2016, 08:50 AM
Good morning everyone
Pleased you enjoyed your lunch yesterday Lynn and no a glass of wine is fine Hope all goes well with the car and it is not too expensive to fix.

Lovely pictures of the bridge 1cutedog. I too would enjoy watching the construction.

No you are not wrong to moan Brenda if they must ride on the pavement then consideration should be given to who is rightly on it.

Moyra hope you had a better night and managed to get Amber out before it rains.

Hope you are more relaxed today Gordon. Don't overdo it or the mem will be very cross with you.

Dull here and could feel the rain in the wind whilst out with Teazle. Has now started to drizzle a bit. Nothing planned today

Have a good day and stay safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-05-2016, 09:05 AM
Morning all who have followed. Beth and I would've loved a bottle to share brenda. She was driving and they didn't did do a large bottle.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-05-2016, 09:33 AM
Cars just gone to the garage on a low loader. RAC farmed it out to a recovery firm called Tears rescue. Really nice guy.
He said very odd no electrics. Lights work, horn works radio comes on central locking works. Windows not working no signal to the engine no dash lights.
He wondered if the key isn't talking to the engine. I do have a spare never thought to try that, he said not to worry about getting it for them to try they will soon know when it is plugged into their fancy equipment. The spare just has no battery for the remote locking.
Felt very sad watching it go.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-05-2016, 09:41 AM
Morning everyone - Lynn - what a louche and debauched life you do lead, glasses of wine with lunch (norty) and I did notice that you were egged on by that belle dame of west sussex, who it appears is no stranger to the old "vino collapso". Of course, you are not alone in your indulgence - even I have been known to have a second cup of tea after breakfast! lol !
Moyra - don't worry about me overdoing it - for I am carefully chaperoned by the Mem and if she thinks I'm overdoing anything she is on me like a ton of bricks. Also, in truth, age has lent a little wisdom (only a little, mind) and I do intersperse my work bouts with lots of breaks and dog walks.
Brenda - start taking a walking stick out with you. you'd be surprised how effective they can be when jammed in the spokes of an unruly cyclist. About this time last year the Mem and I were walking along beside the Huddersfield Narrow Canal and herself and Danger Curls were nearly tracked in by one of these fiends, who then gave forth with loud expletives in their direction. I was walking some 25 or so yards behind and when he passed me I hit him very hard just beneath the ribs with my right elbow. Excellent result he and his velocepede were propelled into the murky waters and to my mind justice had been served. You should have heard him whine - excellent! I may not be a very nice chap for doing this but it was intensely satisfying.
Griff - they never seem to tire of testing and prodding you, this time in the "Urols" wherever they may be. You must be a cause of endless fascination to those of a medical persuasion! lol !
Have a good day all, I'm of out buying a pony lead rope (to act as a dog lead for Fagin) as he has broken his latest lead yesterday and I thought this might last a little longer - have a lovely day everyone, bye for now.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

18-05-2016, 10:49 AM
Originally Posted by gordon mac View Post
and when he passed me I hit him very hard just beneath the ribs with my right elbow.......................... I may not be a very nice chap for doing this but it was intensely satisfying.
Oh come on Gordon............it was an accident....... walking as briskly as one does the old elbows have a habit of swinging outwards................it's all to do with gravity or momentum or one of those physical things

Garden, dogs, tidy workshop (It always needs tidying ) and some dreaded paperwork to do today so must away now, see you all tonight.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2016, 10:56 AM
St Vitus dance (sydenhams chorea) comes to mind and maybe tourettes? Off to make lunch. ttfn. Oh I must give you a laugh: My daughter had to catch the train this morning for work and when she got on she found that she had to go to the first four carriages at the front of the train, it took her all that time to walk the carriages while the train was moving, when she got to the front of them she found that the train had arrived at the station she wanted. So at least she got there. Walking while the train was moving. So funny.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »