Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2013, 09:20 PM

Today's Smarty Pets walk. Pic heavy.

I had five today again, including my two, so we went to the ex golf course and had a lovely time. Remus particularly likes it there as there's lots of room to run and the sand bunkers send him silly. Tonks likes to rummage in the undergrowth. Rufus, the cocker stays right next to me. Sheebie, the collie, loves to chase and boss Remus around, and Jake, the cocker x lab, just loves running (he's really fast for such a sort dog!) and wrestling with Remus.

Tonks taking a breather from log rolling.

Rufus blending in with Autumn leaves.

Jake and Remus

Taking in the views.

catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2013, 09:24 PM
On the fairway. Couldn't get Rufus in the pic too as he tends to walk behind me keeping himself to himself, but today he did chase after the others a couple of times. He's only as old as Tonks but he seems older, possibly because he's overweight and doesn't get out much really so likes to keep a low profile usually.

Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2013, 11:02 PM
Lovely pics. Looks quite misty in the background there. We've actually got icy spitting rain here at the mo!
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

10-12-2013, 11:09 PM
Lovely photos and bet they all had a great time
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2013, 11:30 PM
Imagine they must love to see you coming to pick them up
Lovely pics....wee Tonks
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2013, 07:55 AM
Hi, Thanks everyone. Yes they all get very excited when I arrive, and the only stressful bit of the walk is getting everyone out of the car because they are all so excited! When I go somewhere near me it's ok but when I go somewhere near where Jake lives it's hard to find somewhere secluded enough. This golf course is busy but that's not a problem once we're walking, just the getting out of the car. Having all five on lead at that point would lead to far more issues than if some of them are off lead...but of course Sheebie, the collie, is very very noisy (snarly, snappy, barking) and so people's perceptions of what is happening as supposed to what is actually happening is very different. She can sound and look like a really aggressive dog taking pot shots at everyone but two minutes off lead after a mad sprint around and everyone is trotting along happily. Thankfully I don't want anymore clients over that way, which is 20 minutes drive from my home, and people who really know dogs have no worries about what's going on, they know what excited dogs are like at the beginning of walks and are impressed by how quickly they settle down and how friendly they all are. It's much easier when I join forces with my dog walker friend even though we have more dogs, as one of us runs into the woods with everyone following us while they other one locks up the van and car.

After an hours running around I pop them all on lead and walk all five back to the car no issues at all. �� Thats why I never let them out until no one else is near us, none of them have much interest in going up to other dogs because they have enough playmates in our group, but I know so may dogs worry a lot of people.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2013, 08:32 AM
Great pics. Everyone looks very happy to be out there.