register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: When do you take your dog to the Vet?
Once a year for a full check-up. 13 32.50%
Once a year for yearly boosters. 17 42.50%
Only when the dog is ill. 24 60.00%
Any other reason. 7 17.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-11-2013, 10:22 AM

When do you take your dog to the vet?

1. Once a year for a full check-up.
  2. Once a year for yearly boosters.
  3. Only when the dog is ill.
  4. Any other reason.
Margaret
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-11-2013, 10:24 AM
1, 2 and maybe 3 if nessessary.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2013, 10:26 AM
For yearly boosters and a check up and if really necessary as and when in between.
Imana-Banana
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-11-2013, 10:28 AM
er 1,2,3 & 4

We are always there, last night we took Molly for a run through while the nurse threw bits of chicken on the floor
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2013, 10:34 AM
All 4, they go for a check up, and Betty gets her boosters, if they are ill and we go every couple of months to weigh them and say hello to the staff because both of them love the vet and his staff and I like to maintain that relationship so when they are ill they don't mind going and being handled.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

28-11-2013, 10:47 AM
Yearly boosters, and when they need to see a vet.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2013, 10:55 AM
Jade is almost 11 now and has mammary tumors that always get checked twice a year. She has two of them, one being somewhat large, but in a hard place to remove and at her age... it's pointless to operate unless it's totally needed (cancer, growing too large and in the way, etc.). So far, so good!

Until Nigredo is 3 he gets two exams per year and then I'll probably have it done every other year or something. Shelter made me agree to that.

Jade only gets the rabies vaccine once every three years, as did my previous old dog, except for he got the yearly one as I used a different vet that didn't offer the 3 year vaccines.

Nigredo still has to stay on puppy vaccines for another year though. Lepto, parvo, corona, etc. Costly "rubbish" if you ask me, but the shelter made me agree to do it (and they DO check) so oh, well.

They haven't been ill at all. Jade has a bad hip, but pain meds have been given to me for when it flares up. There isn't much more the vet can do for her.

An exam is $55 per dog. The rabies is like $50 every three years. Nigredo's vaccine package is $100 or so because they made me agree to get all of them, and for some reason the Lepto vaccine is $40 by itself... plus the $55 exam fee.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

28-11-2013, 11:42 AM
Yearly boosters and full check up done in one visit and if they need a vets attention for illness, injury etc. Mine are all happy to see the vet and have no problem being handled etc.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2013, 03:30 PM
Annual booster when they also get a full MOT, and then only when they need to see a vet ........... which has been far too many times recently
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

28-11-2013, 03:57 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
...[snip]... Mine are all happy to see the vet and have no problem being handled etc.
Ram once said that Pereg was the first dog he had ever known to fall asleep on the table!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >