Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2013, 05:59 AM

Dogsey Daily Thread Sunday

Morning everyone,

I was up and out with Lily early this morning as we are leaving early to go and work on the greyhound stand at Bark in the Park show in Colchester for the day. Looks like the weather is going to be good so hopefully we will find some homeless greyhounds their forever sofas today as lots of people will attend. Looking forward to some cuddles with lots of other different breeds too.

Yesterday I worked solid all day and evening packing and clearing stuff out and a lot of it was moved over to the new house.
My little bedroom is now completely empty and the new people are coming over while I am out today to decorate it bright pink so its nice for thier daughter when they move in.
Only one week and 6 days till I move out of here. Not that I'm counting of course

Hope you and doglets are all ok. Sorry i have not been able to keep up with all the goings on recently.

Have a good day everyone.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2013, 06:11 AM
Morning Madmare,

Sounds like you are making great progress there with the move. How lovely that both parties are co operating before the big day - makes it so much easier. I remember when Jen had to move into a Disney Nightmare Bedroom (she was 15 previous occupant was 3!) She didn't mind really and it gave her pals a laugh.

Have a great time at the Greyhound bash (you can't fail to really with all those furry 4 leggeds around) and I hope you are successful rehoming some today.

Jen 'n Em taken little Holly to the nearby playground park (tried the pool but it feels cold when you first get in early morning and Holly objected!)

I've got to go and refix the insect screen to the bathroom window now - it fell off during the night - didn't wake any of us up tho - we were all well out of it. We haven't had any insects this year but I am sure we will do if the screen isn't up!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-08-2013, 06:12 AM
Morning everyone. Having some peace and a cuppa before the mayhem begins. Overall yesterday Dillon wasn't too bad and the boys listened to my instructions on how to deal with things. Dillon will probably have a great big marrow bone again today which will help immensely but doesn't help with what comes out the other end when it has been a particularly fatty one(Sorrrrreeeee).
Just before he settled though he was being extremely obnoxious and I was doing a lot of body blocking. The hormones seem to be rising again he was a bit amorous again not as bad but definitely there and much sniffing and scraping of feet when out on walks. I am sincerely hoping this is his last surge before they disappear completely. Vet did say at least 6 months and its nearly 5 since the op was done.
Wet here today.
Not much going on except preparing and cooking a roast for when Mark, Tracey and possibly teenager George turn up at 2ish.
So I may not be around much till this evening.

Lorraine well done you for realising your dreams.
June it seems more little bits of information keep cropping up for you. (((Hugs))).

Have a lovely and safe Sunday.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-08-2013, 06:15 AM
Morning Bev we are going to be merged.
What a great way to move doing it gradually. Enjoy the greyhound event today and wishing you lots of success with the re-homing.
You must feel like you are in a walking dream that the move is happening.
Morning Pat.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2013, 06:18 AM
Morning Lynn,

I think house moves are a bit like due dates for a baby. For what seems ages it feels like it is never going to come around and then all of a sudden it is hurtling towards you with unstoppable speed and you start to panic a bit!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-08-2013, 06:27 AM
I better stop sitting on my laurels then and start packing. Mark was shocked last week that we have done no more than we did for marketing the house and so were the children yesterday when they asked if we had started packing yet and we said no.
Getting off bottom time methinks.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2013, 06:29 AM
I always pack too much too soon and inevitably end up ferretting in boxes for stuff I've put away and then need!

But there's something very satisfying about getting it all boxed up and I always use it as an opportunity to have a blerdy good clearout too.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2013, 07:51 AM
Morning Madmare, Lynn, Pat and fellow members,

A beautiful sunny morning here and my intentions are to do as little as possible other than ironing my son's shirts for work and walking the dogs. My son's off to London for a job which is a bit of fun (and pays well). A body artist has booked him for a 'meet and greet' . This involves his body being painted (surprise, surprise ) and then on stilts greeting guests to a themed party. Oh if only I had a body that someone would pay me to paint

Bev - Enjoy your day at the show with Lily at the grey's rehoming stand. I'm sure it will be fun and hopefully feel like a rest after your manual day of cleaning and packing yesterday. This move of yours is working out really well that both parties have agreed to allow possessions to moved across before the moving date .... excellent idea and will hopefully make it less stressful on the day.
Lynn - I'm sure it will do you the world of good to have a day with family and providing the youngsters do as you instruct with Dillon all will remain calm, oh and of course he has his juicy bone Maybe they'll be able to drum a little excitement up in you about the move.
Pat - You are not going to know what has hit you when your family all leave ...... mind you by then you'll probably need a little time to recharge your batteries and Bella will be able to reclaim the day bed. I know it must be great fun though and I've loved seeing the photos of them all enjoying themselves. I hope you get the screen fixed as you never know when those little critters will decide to appear.

As usual I got interrupted while typing this so there could be more posts since starting. Hi to anyone I haven't mentioned.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2013, 07:57 AM
Happy Sunday everyone.

7 people and a baby for lunch to day. Won't be long before I'm counting that baby as 2 the way she eats

Would love to watch your son having his body painted Jen

Going to pick the beans now be back later.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2013, 08:28 AM
Good morning everyone,

Bev, you certainly are getting organized with your house move. What a lovely way to do it so that the people moving into yours can get their bedroom done for their daughter. Brilliant idea. Enjoy your day at the Greyhound stall. I hope it is successful.

Lynn, I am sure once you get moving you will be happy with your decision. That cottage after all is lovely especially with the river moorings too. I am sure you will settle in there and not so much work as is needed on the other one.

jenny.g. That conjures up a picture your son being body painted, hope it goes ok and have that lovely lazy day you plan.

Have a lovely day everyone and also those that have probably posted while I am posting. Take care all, God bless.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »