Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2013, 08:02 AM

Morning - Dogsey Daily Thread - Sunday

Good morning all Dogsey Peops

Back to the usual here, heavy rain, gale force winds, dull and very dismal, so you've either got the same, or you're snowed in. Can't complain, cos we had a glorious day yesterday, sunshine all day long Somehow, I knew it wouldn't last though.

The van looked lovely with the new carpet yesterday and Dave did his little jobs for me up there, so now we can leave her whilst the park closed for February knowing everything is all nice and clean ready for me to set it all up again.

Not much planned for today really, in fact, if it stays like this, we might not even go out till later when it's stopped as Zena won't even go outside the door at the moment, that's how bad it is. Roast lamb for lunch , followed by syrup sponge courtesy of our Jen, if we ever get there for it in these conditions!

Hope everyone is well along with the doglets, but I think we're all doing ok atm aren't we, long may it continue.

Enjoy your Sunday whatever the weather and whatever you're up to
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2013, 08:15 AM
Good morning Helena and all who follow...

NB am never quite sure if you are all serious re visiting!!

Dark and drear all day yesterday and a storm above storms during the night and now and they say today and tomorrow.

Hail pounding from 1 am onwards and a howling above the gale that sounded animal like.

The cats were freaked out so maybe the local wolf is out a roving. They sat at the top of the stairs shaking...

I refuse to believe in the banshee which was always said here to be the harbinger of death but that was a weird noise.

Opened the back door and heard barking so went to check my dogs and they sat abed in astonishment that I was visiting. the nearest house is a long way away maybe half a mile of more so

Locked both doors, and filled hwb made coffee etc and got on with the handwork...

NB the dogs were sleeping only a foot or so apart and they have done the same in the kitchen some days, growling when they wake up to find this! After six years maybe they will keep each other warm at night finally..

Have a safe and warm and quiet and happy Sunday...
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2013, 08:17 AM
Morning H and all,

Its been raining hard here overnight but not too bad now. I would much rather have rain and mud than that bloomin awful snow and ice. At least this morning I was able to walk normally without slipping and sliding and trying to stay upright. Mind you I noticed just how badly compacted our paths were with ice as despite the milder tempretures and the rain there is still a lot of compacted ice on some paths, but luckily this morning I was able to walk round it.

I am getting anxious about kyiro's vet appointment tomorrow morning as its decision time as to whether half that toe will need to be amputated tomorrow as well. I worry about his recovery as he takes a good 48hrs and I worry about him having another nosebleed and mostly I am worried about what happens if he is still in pain even after that.
If it needs doing it will be done tomorrow as vet said not to feed him and she has booked him an operating slot in case.

Just a bit of housework to do here today and then I am going to take Lily for a decent walk this afternoon. Because of the ice I have been taking Kyiro and Lily together which has mean't she has only been getting 5 mins up the road and back., each day, poor girl, but she has been very good about it.

Hope you all have a good Sunday.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2013, 08:20 AM
Good morning Helena and all who follow

Another good night with Rosie so another day of a quarter Butchers and the rest cooked chicken to see how we go. That will increase to half and half tomorrow if all goes well.

Lashings of rain overnight, but it's stopped now. Can't tell what it's planning on doing yet, but the forecast is for dry and windy I think.

If it is dry, we're going in for a breakfast this morning and again the shortened version of the walk. The plan is to get the food completely turned over and if all is ok to then go back to normal length walks and monitor that as well. It feels like taking part in a 'who done it' at the moment

My mam is still very poorly. My sister was helping her to get into bed at 8 pm last night - unknown for my mam.

I still haven't been able to get over. For the past fortnight it's been either floods or snow. With the rain coming now, it'd be nice to think everything will clear but it's more than likely we're going to go back to flooding . It puts out on of the major roads on the way over and I'm not confident of little back routes so it's a wait until it's clear decision unless she gets worse.

Ah well, shower, then coffee for me then off we go about 10 am if it isn't raining.

Have a good 'un all
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-01-2013, 08:21 AM
Morning H, morning all, the snow has gone, and its been raining all night, a bit wet and windy out there, but better than being snowed in.

H, enjoy your dinner sounds lovely and don't eat to much of that syrup sponge

have a good one folks, hope all dogs are OK today and every one is well xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2013, 08:22 AM
Morning Rose, and once again, our weather seems to be quite tame compared to what you're having over there, it's a wonder you can get to sleep with all that going on, no wonder the dogs were a bit frightened of all the noises going on around you. Just think how lovely it's going to be there when Spring arrives No, we're only going down to Jen's in cybermode (but don't tell her that though!!! ) Enjoy a nice relaxing Sunday if the weather lets you.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2013, 08:29 AM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Morning H and all,

Its been raining hard here overnight but not too bad now. I would much rather have rain and mud than that bloomin awful snow and ice. At least this morning I was able to walk normally without slipping and sliding and trying to stay upright. Mind you I noticed just how badly compacted our paths were with ice as despite the milder tempretures and the rain there is still a lot of compacted ice on some paths, but luckily this morning I was able to walk round it.

I am getting anxious about kyiro's vet appointment tomorrow morning as its decision time as to whether half that toe will need to be amputated tomorrow as well. I worry about his recovery as he takes a good 48hrs and I worry about him having another nosebleed and mostly I am worried about what happens if he is still in pain even after that.
If it needs doing it will be done tomorrow as vet said not to feed him and she has booked him an operating slot in case.

Just a bit of housework to do here today and then I am going to take Lily for a decent walk this afternoon. Because of the ice I have been taking Kyiro and Lily together which has mean't she has only been getting 5 mins up the road and back., each day, poor girl, but she has been very good about it.

Hope you all have a good Sunday.
Morning Bev, and what a worry you've got about tomorrow's vet appointment, but whatever has to be done, I'm sure will get done to let this poor boy have his life back without all that pain. We will all be thinking of you tomorrow Bev along with positive vibes for Kyiro. A very worrying day for you.xxx

Originally Posted by Brierley View Post

Another good night with Rosie so another day of a quarter Butchers and the rest cooked chicken to see how we go. That will increase to half and half tomorrow if all goes well.

Lashings of rain overnight, but it's stopped now. Can't tell what it's planning on doing yet, but the forecast is for dry and windy I think.

If it is dry, we're going in for a breakfast this morning and again the shortened version of the walk. The plan is to get the food completely turned over and if all is ok to then go back to normal length walks and monitor that as well. It feels like taking part in a 'who done it' at the moment

My mam is still very poorly. My sister was helping her to get into bed at 8 pm last night - unknown for my mam.

I still haven't been able to get over. For the past fortnight it's been either floods or snow. With the rain coming now, it'd be nice to think everything will clear but it's more than likely we're going to go back to flooding . It puts out on of the major roads on the way over and I'm not confident of little back routes so it's a wait until it's clear decision unless she gets worse.

Ah well, shower, then coffee for me then off we go about 10 am if it isn't raining.

Have a good 'un all
Morning Chris , glad to hear Rosie's still staying fine now that you're weaning her back onto her regular food. I hope it all stays this way when you return to her normal walks. So sorry to hear about your mum and hopefully, the weather will be kind to you and you'll be able to make a trip over.

Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Morning H, morning all, the snow has gone, and its been raining all night, a bit wet and windy out there, but better than being snowed in.

H, enjoy your dinner sounds lovely and don't eat to much of that syrup sponge

have a good one folks, hope all dogs are OK today and every one is well xx
Morning Jackie I agree, I'd rather have this wet and windy than all that snow. Enjoy your Sunday and I won't eat too much of Jen's pud cos I've lost 5 lbs for a whole week now so it's staying off, I mustn't ruin it with yummy treats now must I, I'll stick with the ice cream then!
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2013, 08:31 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Morning Rose, and once again, our weather seems to be quite tame compared to what you're having over there, it's a wonder you can get to sleep with all that going on, no wonder the dogs were a bit frightened of all the noises going on around you. Just think how lovely it's going to be there when Spring arrives No, we're only going down to Jen's in cybermode (but don't tell her that though!!! ) Enjoy a nice relaxing Sunday if the weather lets you.
lol! I did wonder re cyber mode..

I have snowdrops in flower in one of my tubs by the door. I rescued as much of my garden as I could when I moved last October....

Sounds like we are all getting appalling weather, flood warnings etc. January is High Tide season so if you are near a coast, take care. Warnings out here.

Hibernation is in order here... The roof is still on so that is fine!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-01-2013, 08:31 AM
Morning Nechda, morning all

That roast lamb sounds aaaaaaaahhhhh wunnerful - would need to take out a mortgage to buy lamb here so I can but dream and remember what it was like...

I hope Lily enjoys her walk Bev - poor Kyiro though - hopefully tomorrow will finally sort his poor paw out.

Sorry to hear your Mam is still poorly Chris but pleased to hear that little Rosie had another good night!

I was supposed to go visit Orli the vampire this morning but she knows perfectly well that I cannot be there by 8am so once again I did not go - I am seriously considering asking Ram to do a blood test on me when I take Pereg in for hers!

Enjoy your Sunday everyone - keep warm and keep safe if you have to go out.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2013, 08:33 AM
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post

Have a good 'un all
Safe journey...
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 > Last »