Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-11-2012, 07:26 AM

Dogsey daily thread (Sunday).

Morning all.
I have woken up to a very frosty cold day here today makes a change from the rain.
The shame about it is the field is still going to be very wet underfoot. I would imagine it is going to take a while to dry out and just as it does it will blooming well rain again. Oh well get on with it not much else we can do with our English weather although to be fair with all the disasters in the world weather ones I am glad to be living in good old blighty.

I had a nice long skype chat with Gorden last night I could see him but my camera this end was not working but never mind he has reported in his good morning email to me he felt more settled after our long chat and slept till 9.30 but got no breakfast as they were being picked up in the lobby at ten to be taken to a shopping centre.
The good news was he may be home by the end of the month instead of the first week of December and with at least the same money he was expecting or possibly a bit more. Now all we need is for him to come home and get a job here in the UK and we can relax again and not have to go to these drastic lenghts for him to earn a living.

Remembrance Sunday today so lets remember all those soldiers who fell in the last two wars including my dad he wasn't killed but he was trapped at Dunkirk and spent a year in hospital because of the stress after he was rescued.
Also we must of course remember our soldiers of today too who are fighting wars thousahds of miles away and all those families past and present who have loved ones fighting or who have lost loved ones fighting.
I was very proud of my two sons to see they both have poppies and wear them proudly.
Of course we must also remember all the service dogs and horses who take part and have taken part in the past and present.

I do believe Lorraine is taking part in a remembrance parade today a very important part I think so lets wish her all the best with it. Especially as I know she has been feeling poorly.

Sorry a bit of a sombre post today lets hope it will cheer up as we go along.

Have a good day everyone whatever you are doing.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2012, 07:36 AM
Morning Lynn,

Thank you for your best wishes.

I am proud to say my detachment and myself are honouring those who have fallen by taking part in the Remembrance parade in Invergordon. I just hope we can do them justice.

Up at hideous o'clock cause I have to get ready, bit nervous, hoping I don't forget the orders I have to give. Fingers crossed.

We will remember them.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-11-2012, 07:42 AM
Originally Posted by lore View Post
Morning Lynn,

Thank you for your best wishes.

I am proud to say my detachment and myself are honouring those who have fallen by taking part in the Remembrance parade in Invergordon. I just hope we can do them justice.

Up at hideous o'clock cause I have to get ready, bit nervous, hoping I don't forget the orders I have to give. Fingers crossed.

We will remember them.
Morning Lorraine you will be fine and good luck although I am sure you won't need it.

Have a lovely day when you get over your nerves.
Gorden use to play the last post for Remembrance Sunday when he was a member of the boys brigade he did it many times but was always nervous just before.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2012, 07:43 AM
Morning Lynn, Lorraine and everyone

Glad you touched base with Gorden again, it's great news he'll be home earlier, and look, you've already done a whole week and survived and you're into week 2 now!!

Yes, Rememberance Day, I have my poppy and I will be doing my 2 minute silence at 11 am this morning along with everybody else (honest!), it's the least we can do when we remember all that they did for us, and good luck Lorraine.

We've actually had a lie in this morning, it's a beautiful day out there (for the moment), blue skies and not a leaf stirring as I look out over that beautiful view of mine, and roast lamb for lunch when I get around to it. I'm gonna check my lottery results in a min and if I've won then I'll be back!!!! Or maybe I won't???

Anyway, it's Sunday, put your feet up, hope you're not having to work, I'll try and find out about that horse, and pop in later
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-11-2012, 07:47 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Morning Lynn and everyone

Glad you touched base with Gorden again, it's great news he'll be home earlier, and look, you've already done a whole week and survived and you're into week 2 now!!

Yes, Rememberance Day, I have my poppy and I will be doing my 2 minute silence at 11 am this morning along with everybody else (honest!), it's the least we can do when we remember all that they did for us, and good luck Lorraine.

We've actually had a lie in this morning, it's a beautiful day out there (for the moment), blue skies and not a leaf stirring as I look out over that beautiful view of mine, and roast lamb for lunch when I get around to it. I'm gonna check my lottery results in a min and if I've won then I'll be back!!!! Or maybe I won't???

Anyway, it's Sunday, put your feet up, hope you're not having to work, I'll try and find out about that horse, and pop in later
Morning Helena.
I wonder how long the nice day we have lasts all day I hope.
It was nice to touch base with Gorden hopefully we can do it again today.

Enjoy the roast lamb and I have my fingers crossed for the horse and the lottery ticket.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2012, 08:01 AM
Good morning all.

The best you can say about the weather here at the moment is that it's dry, but for how long is anyone's guess.

Yesterday it threw it down all morning and cleared to a dull grey in the afternoon, but it was very, very mild.

Yah, I made the long promised good start on my Christmas shopping yesterday. I even bought the turkey . We had £24 of vouchers for Tesco and their 'double up' thing that they do where you can exchange a £5 voucher into ten for certain departments applied to the frozen food department. The turkey cost £30 and I needed some more bits so it seemed daft not to get it. Mind you, my freezer's elastic sides are stretched to the limit

Rosie lasted out until 6.30 am today - feel as though I've had a lay in

Off out soon for breakfast and will probably watch the Remembrance activity in town and join in with the two minutes silence to remember the fallen and, of course, the millions who have died and suffered through war.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-11-2012, 08:11 AM
Morning Lynn, morning all.

After a rather noisy evening which carried on after we had gone to bed, making me very jumpy and difficult for me to relax enough to get to sleep, although Pereg is not the slightest bit bothered, the rain started hammering on the shutters so I had to get up and close the shutters in the back room and kitchen - the shutters on the window behind my bed are always closed at night but I keep those in the other rooms just partially closed.

This morning I have had to close the kitchen window as it is in an almost direct line from the salon window, and it is very windy and cold. All other windows are open day and night, in fact one of my bedroom windows is never closed. It seems incredible that only a few days ago I was complaining about the heat and my roasted left arm, but we have been waiting for rain for so long.

I have been wearing my poppy for a few days now, remembering all those who fought for our freedom, and strange though it might sound today I am wearing my father's dog tags - they usually hang on the wall next to the calendar above my monitor.

Also remembering Mother on her birthday.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-11-2012, 08:13 AM
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
Good morning all.

The best you can say about the weather here at the moment is that it's dry, but for how long is anyone's guess.

Yesterday it threw it down all morning and cleared to a dull grey in the afternoon, but it was very, very mild.

Yah, I made the long promised good start on my Christmas shopping yesterday. I even bought the turkey . We had £24 of vouchers for Tesco and their 'double up' thing that they do where you can exchange a £5 voucher into ten for certain departments applied to the frozen food department. The turkey cost £30 and I needed some more bits so it seemed daft not to get it. Mind you, my freezer's elastic sides are stretched to the limit

Rosie lasted out until 6.30 am today - feel as though I've had a lay in

Off out soon for breakfast and will probably watch the Remembrance activity in town and join in with the two minutes silence to remember the fallen and, of course, the millions who have died and suffered through war.
Morning Chris sounds like we are all the making the most of the dry weather expecting it to rain by the end of the day. I found the same yesterday I had my big coat on to keep me dry but was getting rather warm by the end of our walk.
My poor feezer sounds like yours.
Well done to Rosie for letting you have a lie-in.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-11-2012, 09:17 AM
Good morning fellow members and what a lovely morning it is too with sunshine and a clear blue sky .

I am going to do some baking this morning, tiny gingerbread men for the children. I was going to make cheesy bread sticks too but the yeast has died so I have to wait for a new batch to arrive.

I hope you all have a lovely day...
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2012, 09:26 AM
Good morning everyone, a really glorious morning in South Devon today, only 3c but sunny and blue skies.

My poppy is on also and I will be honouring the minutes silence at 11am (not sure that I believe H that she can keep quite for a whole minute ) Remembering all our troops who have lost their lives in conflicts through the years.

My little nephew asked in the week if anyone in our family had fought in the world war. It really doesn't seem long ago to me that everyone had a family member who had fought in the 2nd world war and an awful lot who had fought in the 1st world war too
Humphh shows how old I am

Only four to lunch today, so quite an easy Sunday!
Enjoy your day everyone
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »