Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-11-2012, 07:20 AM

Dogsey's daily thread. (Sunday).

Morning all.

Welcome to another morning thread old and new followers and we hope you are enjoying it. Pull up a bar stool and enjoy the new opening hours.
We do have a magic bottle too courtesy of Bitkin but of course we have to adhere to the strict licensing rules. No drinking of alcoholic beverages before 8am.

I do hope the weather is better elsewhere than it is here it is wet, wet, wet and wet again. So no field for mine and Dillons walk today. We will have to do round the estates.

How are all the dogs this morning that are frightened of the fireworks. Sleeping peacefully now I hope. Lets hope this rain dampens the damn things and everyone can have some peace tonight. I am lucky Dillon doesn't seem bothered just annoyed that they disturb his sleep. If he could roll his eyes he would.

Had an email from Gorden this morning they arrived at the hotel at 10am this morning none of them happy bunnies with the 3 hour 15 minute delay and being sat on the plane for 21/2 hours waiting for take off. He says the hotel is nice and they are all running rings round them now since they landed.

I know what I am doing today I am going to get stuck into my last book of the fifty shades trilogy. So don't worry I haven't gone misisng just engrossed.

Thinking of all of you today that have sick dogs or friends or family.
A big thank you to Helena for doing the thread yesterday for me. Don't worry she will be back.

I will end on a funny quote of the day if thats ok with you all.

"You know, somebody actually complimented me on my driving today. They left a little note on the windscreen, it said 'Parking Fine.'" (Tommy Cooper).

Enjoy your day all.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-11-2012, 07:39 AM
Good morning Lynn and all who follow
What a morning, cold dark and miserable.

Lynn what a long wait Gordon had , I am pleased to hear the hotel is nice. I hope the food is ok too, I think that makes such a difference when you are away from home.

Chloe was a good girl yesterday , I was driving home from my son's house in a storm of fireworks and she didn't bat a eyelid as they say. I expect there will be more fireworks in the days to come.

Enjoy your day everyone
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-11-2012, 07:45 AM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Good morning Lynn and all who follow
What a morning, cold dark and miserable.

Lynn what a long wait Gordon had , I am pleased to hear the hotel is nice. I hope the food is ok too, I think that makes such a difference when you are away from home.

Chloe was a good girl yesterday , I was driving home from my son's house in a storm of fireworks and she didn't bat a eyelid as they say. I expect there will be more fireworks in the days to come.

Enjoy your day everyone
Morning Mini. Yes it was a long wait and I think they are all tired and a bit fed up. Lets hope it all goes smoohtly now.

Isn't it nice when the fireworks don't worry them it is miserable seeing your dog so frightened of something out of your control. I feel for those that have that problem poor Ollie never knew where to put himself you had to knock him out almost so he could setttle.
Nikki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-11-2012, 07:51 AM
Good morning

I'm off to a rat show today where I'm judging, not really forward to it though Don't know why though I usually love them

The dogs weren't to bad last night , my two it doesn't bother them but my sisters hates them and is really scared but seemed to cope well considering

I hate delays poor Gordon, I hope he settled now though

Hope everyone has a good day I probably be about until later now

I think I'm getting obsessed with the smilies now
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2012, 07:51 AM
Morning Lynn, Mini, Nikki and everyone

Glad to hear Gorden arrived safely, if a bit miffed about the delays, but the hotel sounds nice, so it could be worse. I will reitterate what Lynn has said about the poorly doglets, and as for those fireworks blooming 'eck, in view of the wet weather, I dread to think what we could have had should it have been dry Thankfully, Zena was far more interested in her frisbee inbetween me trying to get the bobbles and matts out of her trousers

Hope you're still doing ok there Lynn, enjoy the rat show judging Nikki at least it'll be indoors in the dry!

I opened the back door this morning, Zena took one look and turned around as it had just started to rain, so I called her back, put her little topcoat on and shoved her out (gently! ). As I waited, the rain got heavier, and heavier, and then pretty darn torrential and she came zoooooooming back in, I don't think she likes the rain Yet if I were to pick up that collar and lead

Nice relaxing day for us here, roast lamb for lunch, and a bit of catching up on my office work which has been badly neglected over the past week.

Enjoy your Sunday everyone
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-11-2012, 07:57 AM
Originally Posted by Nikki123 View Post
Good morning

I'm off to a rat show today where I'm judging, not really forward to it though Don't know why though I usually love them

The dogs weren't to bad last night , my two it doesn't bother them but my sisters hates them and is really scared but seemed to cope well considering

I hate delays poor Gordon, I hope he settled now though

Hope everyone has a good day I probably be about until later now

I think I'm getting obsessed with the smilies now
Morning Nikki.
Maybe you will enjoy the show when you get there and start judging.

Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Morning Lynn, Mini, Nikki and everyone

Glad to hear Gorden arrived safely, if a bit miffed about the delays, but the hotel sounds nice, so it could be worse. I will reitterate what Lynn has said about the poorly doglets, and as for those fireworks blooming 'eck, in view of the wet weather, I dread to think what we could have had should it have been dry Thankfully, Zena was far more interested in her frisbee inbetween me trying to get the bobbles and matts out of her trousers

I opened the back door this morning, Zena took one look and turned around as it had just started to rain, so I called her back, put her little topcoat on and shoved her out (gently! ). As I waited, the rain got heavier, and heavier, and then pretty darn torrential and she came zoooooooming back in, I don't think she likes the rain Yet if I were to pick up that collar and lead

Nice relaxing day for us here, roast lamb for lunch, and a bit of catching up on my office work which has been badly neglected over the past week.

Enjoy your Sunday everyone
Roast lamb yum. Enjoy Helena.

Naughty Zena not wanting to to go out in the rain. Tell her I don't want to either but Dillon will be dragging me out into it soon.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2012, 08:55 AM
Good morning all.

Dull and drizzly here. We're going to town soon for brekkie and then our walk, but I have a feeling we are gonna get wet.

I slipped up last night. Forgot all about fireworks (we don't usually get many here) and opened the door to let Rosie out. Off she toddled and then a couple of big bangs (local pub having a display). She shot back in then barked at the next couple of bangs. She was a little subdued after than and sat behind the sofa for a while, but rallied quickly. I could kick myself because I really don't want her to get worried by them, especially after seeing the massive distress they used to cause Jade. You know, when we were kids, bonfire night and fireworks were the reserve of November 5th - whatever day it dropped on!

Hubby got his tyres for the car yesterday. Four tyres on the wheels for £40. Two of 'em are virtually brand new Firestones and the other two look nearly new too, but I don't know the name of the brand. Good bargain and the car should be set up for tyres now until it goes on to a new home sometime in the future as the tyres that are on are very good and include a couple of new ones that cost an arm and a leg (hence looking on Ebay to see what bargains were to be had).

Well, I need a shower to wake up. Rosie waited until 6.20 am this morning to get me up, but we snuck back on the settee for an extra hour so I'm still pretty groggy.

Have a good 'un all
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-11-2012, 09:04 AM
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
Good morning all.

Dull and drizzly here. We're going to town soon for brekkie and then our walk, but I have a feeling we are gonna get wet.

I slipped up last night. Forgot all about fireworks (we don't usually get many here) and opened the door to let Rosie out. Off she toddled and then a couple of big bangs (local pub having a display). She shot back in then barked at the next couple of bangs. She was a little subdued after than and sat behind the sofa for a while, but rallied quickly. I could kick myself because I really don't want her to get worried by them, especially after seeing the massive distress they used to cause Jade. You know, when we were kids, bonfire night and fireworks were the reserve of November 5th - whatever day it dropped on!

Hubby got his tyres for the car yesterday. Four tyres on the wheels for £40. Two of 'em are virtually brand new Firestones and the other two look nearly new too, but I don't know the name of the brand. Good bargain and the car should be set up for tyres now until it goes on to a new home sometime in the future as the tyres that are on are very good and include a couple of new ones that cost an arm and a leg (hence looking on Ebay to see what bargains were to be had).

Well, I need a shower to wake up. Rosie waited until 6.20 am this morning to get me up, but we snuck back on the settee for an extra hour so I'm still pretty groggy.

Have a good 'un all
Morning Chris.
Sounds like you got a real bargain there.

If it is like it is here weather wise where you are you will get wet.
Dillon and I are soaked and he is now doing mad zoomies round the living room. I think it may well be some nice scented candles burning through the day to get rid of the wet dog smell.
I am glad Rosie rallied quickly after her little encounter with the big bangs. Sounds like she will be ok in the future.
Enjoy your day and hope you don't get too wet.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2012, 09:07 AM
Hi everyone another lovely day here.....so far!
Pepsi has dragged herself out of her bed to go for her walk She didn't sleep in it over night but on our bed again
6 for lunch today, roast pork etc So I've got an apple pie to make and spuds to do.
See you all later I will be dipping in and out
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-11-2012, 09:10 AM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Hi everyone another lovely day here.....so far!
Pepsi has dragged herself out of her bed to go for her walk She didn't sleep in it over night but on our bed again
6 for lunch today, roast pork etc So I've got an apple pie to make and spuds to do.
See you all later I will be dipping in and out
Morning. Would you like some rain we have plenty to spare.
Make that 7 for lunch sounds delicous.
Enjoy.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »