Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2011, 06:36 PM

Rattan Garden furniture?

Does anybody have any garden rattan furniture & does it keep well?
I couldn't understand how it would keep until I had a feel & realised it's not wicker but some sort of weatherproof treated stuff
So I've ordered a cube set with a square table & chairs which fit under the table. I'll make a cover for it myself out of doubled nylon as the covers that you can buy look really thin.
I have to take care of it it's rather expensive & I want it to last
monkeydonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-05-2011, 07:52 PM
I love the look of them and would like a set myself maybe when i get the garden looking a bit better

Hope you will post pics when it arrives. xxxx
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2011, 08:50 PM
Only thing I can think of is it might weather a lot if left out in the rain, unless it's regularly re-coated/proofed?

Oh and another thing, if you have lots of neighbourhood cats do beware. Not only might they use it as a scratching post but if a tom cat sprays on it, you'll be smelling it forever....
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2011, 09:09 PM
Originally Posted by MerlinsMum View Post
Only thing I can think of is it might weather a lot if left out in the rain, unless it's regularly re-coated/proofed?

Oh and another thing, if you have lots of neighbourhood cats do beware. Not only might they use it as a scratching post but if a tom cat sprays on it, you'll be smelling it forever....
Once I make a cover for it, I'll be covering it every night
We have a cat so yes will have to watch that!!
Of course I won't actually let anyone sit at it
I'm keeping my glass table & fold up chairs - the kids can sit at that as if that's gonna happen!!