Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lisa Sheppard
New Member!
Female 

01-02-2007, 09:46 AM

hello and help - I have a poo eater

hello everyone, my name's Lisa and I have 2 Bichon Frise dogs - Binks 8 months and Obi 5 months (in case you don't get the names it's Jarjar Binks and Obi Wan Kenobi from Star Wars, blame my 5 year old Star Wars mad son). Anyway, Obi has suddenly starting enjoying a new not so appetising treat - poo, and if that isn't bad enough he brings it into the house to eat I've read on here to put a chunck of pineapple in the food and I just wondered does it need to be fresh pineapple or can it be tinned? Also, do I need to make sure both dogs eat a chunk each (sorry to sound dim but I take it they do have to eat it). I also wondered how on earth it stops them from eating the poo. Obviously the best thing to do is clean the poo up straight away, which I do but they have a dog flap to get into the back garden so if they pay a night time visit I won't know about it until the morning.
Any advice would be appreciated.
thanks
Lisa
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2007, 10:04 AM
hi Lisa welcome to dogsey ............i think tinned is ok i have not used it but many members recommend it I have a poo eater i just make sure i get there first but like you say you have a dogflap so not always easy to do

hope it works for you
Lisa Sheppard
New Member!
Female 

01-02-2007, 01:39 PM
Hi Inca
Thanks for replying. I guess I'll go and get a tin of pineapple and see what happens.
take care
Lisa
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2007, 01:49 PM
Originally Posted by Lisa Sheppard View Post
Hi Inca
Thanks for replying. I guess I'll go and get a tin of pineapple and see what happens.
take care
Lisa
you can only give it a try ...see what happens

don't forget to report back to us
Erin
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-02-2007, 01:52 PM
i gave mine fresh pineapple because they both used to eat poo,it worked brilliantly,just be carefull how much you give,lil had to much and was sick 3 times the first day we gave it to them,she was fine though.
Lisa Sheppard
New Member!
Female 

01-02-2007, 01:54 PM
thanks for the reply, I'll give it a go then.
take care
Lisa
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2007, 01:56 PM
i think its just one chunk per day
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2007, 02:04 PM
Hi
My Leo pup used to do this but has grown out of it. I have heard the pineapple is brill. Best of luck and lets see some pics of the little guys

Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-02-2007, 04:03 PM
Hi Lisa there is a particular enzyme in pineapple that makes it unpalatable to dogs. I would feed tinned pineapple in fruit juice not syrup if your dog will eat it and for a little Bishon a couple of chunks chopped in with the food should be adequate..

It is best not to be cross with your little dog if you catch it eating poo or it will go where it can't be seen to eat it.
Lisa Sheppard
New Member!
Female 

02-02-2007, 09:43 AM
thanks for the reply and the information. let's hope I can get my boys to eat it.
thanks
Lisa
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >