Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
wendy taylor
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-09-2007, 08:18 AM

The Fun Begins

Well as you all know we mated Mellow,and she is due to whelp on Wednesday,on paper that is,last night,she had the best fun at three in morning,shredding paper,lots of heavy breathing,restlessness,keeping me awake etc,hubby gets up,starts taking the dogs for a walk,and off she trots,quite happily,and is home now fast asleep,
I though,now have a stonking headache,and am tired,
will keep you all posted.(all are sold)well,ahem,cough apart from my one or two,)
Wendy
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2007, 09:20 AM
how exciting would love to see some pics of the new borns when you can get 5 mins
wendy taylor
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-09-2007, 12:41 PM
oooooooooo she has not had them yet,but is definitely thinking about it,we took her to vets this morning,to check everything's as should be,and he thinks it will be a Sunday birth,camera is at the ready,batteries are all charged,
Wendy
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2007, 02:03 PM
great, its my sons birthday Sunday he will be 5. Fingers crossed for lots of safe arrivals
wendy taylor
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-09-2007, 06:04 AM
Well Mellow started whelping at 10.18 yesterday morning,and finished at 1.05 this morning,there were ten pups,but sadly one had obviously drowned in its sack,all over one pound in weight,and all very,very noisy,all are various shades of brindle,and of course pictures will come later today,eeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
she has not eaten a thing yet,but am hoping ot rectify that as soon as possible,but she is not too willing to clean,give me all your helpful hints and tips,
Wendy
wendy taylor
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-09-2007, 07:10 PM
Well Mellow will not clean them,any hints on how to convince her,or am I just going to have to continue doing it myself,with warm water and cotton wool
Wendy
noubi
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-09-2007, 06:43 AM
have u tried offering them to her, if you try utting them under her nose let her have a sniff, is she feeding them?
wendy taylor
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-09-2007, 07:00 AM
oooooooooooooo shes feeding them alright,and yesterday I was very proud of myself,as I did a very sticky thing with poo,honey and a cocktail stick,then after she licked that,I squeezed a wee bit of honey on pups,and away she went,so feeling very smug,I took her out in the garden for a wee,only to come back and find Hubby in whelping box,warm water and cotton wool merrily scrubbing away,so now i'm back to square one,I think she saw him cleaning them,and thought,ayyupp no need for me to do this dirty deed, so will be trying my mucky method again and will let you know how it all goes,sigh,
he meant well,as he hates to see them mucky,or crying,so really did think he was helping out
Wendy
amandas-jacks
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-10-2007, 08:43 PM
how are the pups and the mum doing hope they are all fine