View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2011, 09:43 PM
It has to be a Husky for me. I think they're amazing!! Someone has one in our village and he's a gorgeous big bear but rather a handful!!
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2011, 10:14 PM
Originally Posted by Wyrd View Post
I'd love a Bernese Mountain Dog but couldn't deal with the short life span they have
Same here the Bernese and the Irish Wolfhound are gorgeous but the short life span really puts me off.
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2011, 10:17 PM
Chinese Crested especially the hairless, i have never seen one and dont think i knew they existed before dog forums when i got my springer.

I know i would never own one, my hubby wouldnt have such a small dog ever, and my heart really is with springers, but i cant help being ever so fascinated with all the cc pics.
chaospony
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-11-2011, 10:59 PM
I would love to have another Pittbull, but as I now live in the UK where they are banned (although I see them around all the time!) I would not risk getting one in case it was ever taken from me. My last one years ago while living in the states was a super great dog that was so easily trained to do all the silly tricks I could think of!
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-11-2011, 12:51 PM
It would have to be an Amstaff or similar long legged bull breed with a longer head (not keen on the small head of the staff) I admire them for their sheer athletic beauty and presence also a bit keen on a lurcher in our village shes small and black as coal smooth coated. shes like a power ball and a real joy to watch (doing my boys head in as he has no hope of catching her!) so poss a lurch or a grey

I like the same 'type' when it comes to horses Irish sports or pure TB
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2011, 12:56 PM
I'd love a Bernese, Leo or a newfie, but far too big, it's bad enough with the 2 I have now who seem to lie in the most awkward places around here.

I'd love another cocker, but having had gsd's for many years now, they just wouldn't meet my expectations in the intelligence stakes I'm afraid.

Love a little chi, but I'd be terrified of stepping on it the way I whiz around, I like to see what's tripping me up.

Just not keen on short coated dogs, don't know why, they're just not cuddly enough for me, I like 'em hairy!
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2011, 01:00 PM
Originally Posted by Briard Lover View Post
I do like the Leonberger, but they are just that bit big and heavy for me, but on saying that I'm very happy with the Briard and couldn't imagine having any other breed.
I agree, we originally looked at Leos but I thought they were just too big. The Estrelas were a perfect alternative for us.
Ksal
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-11-2011, 01:38 PM
It would be a husky or a mal I think. They are so beautiful but too much of a handful for me and I would hate to not be able to let my dog off (i know it depends of the dog rather than it's breed). Jack actually plays with a Mal who comes off the lead and he is adorable, just like a big giant teddy bear!

I also really love Shar Pei's, they really intrigue me but I know they wouldn't be the dog for me.

I think Shiba Inu's are stunning too but again, I know they wouldn't be the right breed for me to own.
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2011, 06:01 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
They are doing my 'Armchair' classes.

Basically fun mental games that can be done with very little equipment and space - we do Body targets (Nose, Chin, front and back legs), some tricks (spin/twist/leg weaves etc), Stretching, Positions, general holding (with a view to putting away etc) - but all for fun. We also do some games, like dice rolling etc.
It is quite a hard class as the dogs are working for the whole hour without a break, the younger one manages fine, but the older one looses it at about 50 mins.
Brilliant, I bet they are stars! the classes sound great by the way!

Wys
x
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-11-2011, 06:22 PM
I occasionally hanker after an Afghan which was my first dog, maybe my other choices - Leo, Newf & St Bernard would be "too much dog" for me now. I know a very nice black standard poodle so all of my choices are big 'uns. I'm probably too clumsy for a tiny dog although I know they can have big personalities.
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >