View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2011, 02:45 PM

Which breed(s) intrigue and attract you, but you know you'll never own them, and why

For me it has to be:

Alaskan Malamute:

I think they are magnificent and am always intrigued by the stunning one at a local park which I regularly see. However, I know experts on the breed warn never to let them off leash, and that's a dealbreaker for me.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-11-2011, 02:48 PM
/> edit
¤¤¤¤¤
aerolor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-11-2011, 02:56 PM
The Irish Wolfhound is a dog I would have loved to own, but will be content to admire from afar. I believe they have quite a few health problems and I think I am too old and smitten with the retriever breeds to change track now.

We have a smashing Alaskan Malamute nearby. He must be about 18 months old now and he plays with my golden retriever and other dogs. He lives in a family situation with children of about 10 and every so often his owner says he has put an ASBO on him again for a while which, I think, means he is still a work in progress. He does go off the lead to play though and his re-call is quite good. He is a very strong, but sociable dog and I quite envy his owner's achievement with him.
PB&J
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2011, 03:47 PM
Newfoundland - I think they are fabulous dogs but they are too big, too hairy and most importantly have too short a lifespan for me. A couple near me recently lost theirs age five, not too long after their Saint Bernard who was the same age I couldn't cope with that.

Cavalier King Charles Spaniel - I met one years back that made me fall in love with the breed but I don't think I could ever own one because of the very serious health problems they suffer from. Shame because they are such sweet little dogs.

American Bulldog - Another breed I'm really fond of but I think they'd be too much dog for me. Ditto Rottweilers - Gelert's quarter rottie is enough for me!
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2011, 03:50 PM
Newfoundland, I have always dreamt of owning one, but they have always been out of my price range.
Now I just don't have the time and I think they would just be too big and too much for me to take on anyway at my age and with my health problems.
They will always remain a real favourite though.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-11-2011, 04:10 PM
Great Danes.......... love them, always drawn to them at shows, but cant see me ever owning one

Rotties........ again cant see me owning one, due to the hassle owners seem to get from other dog walkers.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2011, 04:23 PM
How odd! I cannot think of one!!

There are lots of breeds I like but would never want to own.

A while back I might have said the Saarloos or the CsVs...

I guess I am very lucky
chlosmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-11-2011, 04:40 PM
I'd love to own a white Puli but have no idea how I'd cope with those dreadlocks.

I think Hungarian Vizsla are the most beautiful looking dogs but I'm getting too old to give one all the exercise it'd need.

Not that I'm complaining 'coz I've found my perfect dogs with my quirky little Tibetan Spaniel and my sweetheart of a Shar-Pei!
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2011, 04:54 PM
I think for me it would have to be a mal or sibe. But sayin that, that's just now, there could be the right opportunity for me at one point. I like a lot of breeds and the ones I want to own I can see me owning at some point in my life.
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2011, 05:13 PM
I am rather partial to English Bull Terriers. Why I dont know as I have always been a Shepherd girl (BSD) but there is something about their daft bull in a china shop manner and their daft ways. I also love the way they can be very good at things if they have a good owner who is interested in training them. I dislike it when owners say "they are stubborn" because they are not, they are pretty clever when motivated, just like most dogs.

I also love the silly names such as Mabel, Betty, Charlotte etc

I will never have one, but there ya go. I have sponsored an EBT at the Dogs Trust called Lilly

I love JRTs too, and we have had them in the family, so I would never say never to a JRT.

Wys
x
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »