Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-05-2011, 08:10 AM

What do you think....

i know im gonna look a pratt with one but was thinking of getting one of them dog bags that you carry dogs in, and before anyone starts on me about fashion accessories its for lola in case she has an episode while we are out. if its just me and her then its no problem as i pick her up and carry her back, but at the weekend me and hubby took all4 of them out and yes she was on a longline but she had a fantastic time running with the others and i feel that although she has fun with me she still likes to go out with the others but as im on my own during the week i cant cope with all 4 if she has a turn out whereas if i had a bag to put her in i could cope.

what do you all think? i dont always have help at weekends either cos somtimes hubby comes home and works at weekends as well, just feel bad for her as feel shes missing out with the others
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2011, 08:13 AM
I think you should do what you think is best for your dog(s) and you. You cannot prevent other people having opinions, informed or not.

Sounds like a very good management tool to me. No different than when you have children, taking the pushchair for when they flake out!
lolly2012
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-05-2011, 08:17 AM
I agree the reasons for the bag are in the interest of your dog don't worry what other people think you are doing the best for your lola x
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-05-2011, 08:19 AM
i dont think i would get anyone saying anything as when she goes shes shakes violently so they will know its not a fashion accesory. my husband would be mortified but as you say i need to do whats best for lola i just feel as though im punishing her for having cecs by not alowing her to go out with the others. and i dont like to drive everywhere when we can walk to places
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-05-2011, 08:20 AM
so... does anyone know where i can get one from? got to be quiet cheap as money is tight at moment thanks
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2011, 08:33 AM
Originally Posted by angied View Post
so... does anyone know where i can get one from? got to be quiet cheap as money is tight at moment thanks
I think I have one I don't use anymore, PM me if are interested and I'll dig it out.

I use them for puppies, when you want to take the older dogs for a longer walk and know it'll be too much for the puppy. Gozo loved being carried in it, Enzo never very keen! Just depends on the individual I think.

J.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2011, 08:53 AM
I used to turf the kids out of the pushchair and put the dog in it when my first GSD was old and rickety and became tired on a walk.
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-05-2011, 09:02 AM
ive pmd you mother*ship
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-05-2011, 09:04 AM
My ideal dog bag..
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2011, 09:12 AM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
My ideal dog bag..
We have a family joke about that image, my little brother is totally soppy over Kiki and he's going to go into the army so we were picturing him in uniform with Kiki in tow

Anyway, I think it's a sensible idea - as long as the dog is comfy and safe, that's all that matters, never mind what people think. I imagine the lack of a Tango complexion, talons for nails and an "Essex facelift" may help - unless you've got all them of coruse
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >