Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Molly2606
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2006, 07:45 AM

Allergic reaction to insect

Came home yesterday to find Mollys mouth and neck very swollen, rushed her to vet who gave her an injection he said she could of been stung and had a bad reaction to it , she's still a little swollen

she's drinking water ok and eating small peices of sausage is there anything i can do to make her more comfy?

its not the first time she has had a reaction to something she seems to be prone to it.

i'm just worrid if she is allergic to fly bites and so on what i'm going to do all summer

thanks
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-06-2006, 08:17 AM
Hi Molly an ice pack held on the swelling for short periods of time (if you have no ice frozen peas in a cloth or a cloth wrung out in cold water) should help a little with the pain and swelling...hope she is better soon .

Amy has a problem with allergic reaction, I keep antihistamines tablets from the vet in the house.
DippyLeo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-06-2006, 09:21 AM
Awww Poor Molly! Hope she's feeling better soon!

Have you tried Dynamite? an insect repellent for just about any living thing (including humans!) I keep a bottle (with a dilute solution in) and every few days whilst grooming my two pests I spray some in/on their coats and it does keep the flys/midges away - Might be worth a try?

I get mine from a place online called Dog Health/Stock Nutrition and I pay about £10 for a botlle of concentrate (500ml I think) and it lasts me quite a while even though I have a Leonberger and a Newfoundland
Molly2606
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2006, 10:44 AM
Thanks guys sorry iv'e not replied sooner,

She's a lot better now thanks for the great suggestions i'll give them a go next time